What's new

when was "this boy's life" announced? (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I've been waiting for THE MISSION ever since Roland Joffe said in an interview that he was recording a commentary for it - this was something close to two years ago! But a two-disc edition? Fantastic!

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I rather like This Boy's Life. I assume these, like must Warner catalog releases, will have few (if any) features and retail for ~$10?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Objective Burma will be the first official Errol Flynn on DVD, no? Terrific Franz Waxman score in that one, too - can't wait to get it.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
operation pacific and objective burma are two of a trio of war films. also being released is Battle Cry in anamorpinc and 4.0 stereo.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...ell013103.html

Warner Brothers has scheduled a May 13th release date for three war films including the first Errol Flynn film from a major studio, and a good one - Objective Burma (1945, directed by Raoul Walsh).

Roger Ebert has recorded an audio commentary for Casablanca further fueling speculation that a Casablanca SE is in the works for later this year.

this is great news indeed. I am also very excited about the news that an audio commentary will be done for John Ford's My Darling Clementine for Fox' Classic DVD releases.

what a great year to look forward to

:emoji_thumbsup:

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
See the King Kong thread - there will almost definitely by a Casblance Special Edition this year.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Another excited HTFer looking forward to the mission in glorious 16x9 5.1. DTS would have been nice but I'm not going to get picky...

Thanks Warner!

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
Wowwww! The Mission, with 2 discs and a director's comm.! Amazing. Sounds like this wonderful film is not as under-rated as I'd thought...

Tom De Rosa

Stunt Coordinator
Burma was on TCM the other night.

Great war movie.

Not to mention our 1st Flynn flick.

Bring on Robin of Locksley.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
The Mission is long overdue on DVD. If this release lives up to the recent Warner SE's, this will be a great package!

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
Your good authority is not so good....

I have it on trusted authority (a good friend works there) that WHERE EAGLES DARE will be out on DVD from Warner's by year's end, along with several other Clint Eastwood films that have yet to hit DVD.

There will also be 3 more WB Flynn titles this year too, in addition to OP-BURMA!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Operation Pacific with John Wayne is one of my favorite Duke films. I'm excited to see it coming to DVD.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
The Mission - one of the films that drove me to LD last year! It is very gratifying to see it get special treatment. It has one of the most moving scores of any I have ever heard.

Danny_N

Second Unit
Real Name
Danny
There will also be 3 more WB Flynn titles this year too, in addition to OP-BURMA!
Wow, that is exciting news! I know that they are working on Adventures of Robin Hood. I hope that the other two titles will be Captain Blood and The Sea Hawk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks