What's new

What's your favorite Cancelled TV shows that you miss? (1 Viewer)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
According to www.alexborstein.com , Family Guy is officialy back in production. YEAH!

Freakylinks
Lone Gunmen
Night Visions
X-Files
Andy Richter Controls the Universe
I am a FOX fan. :)
Ryan

Paul>Wh

Agent
What about Cop Rock? :D
Ok really ummmm Strangers With Candy made me laugh and another vote for the Lone Gunmen. As for Dark Angel I would have said that after the first season, but the second one was just horrid with the dogmen stolen from Tank Girl things.
Paul

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
La Femme Nikita
The Adventures Of Brisco County Jr.
Alien Nation
Legend
Tremors
Tarzan
Keen Eddie
The Lone Gunmen
WKRP In Cincinnati
Wings
21 Jump Street
David Cassidy -- Man Undercover
Moonlighting

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
reboot
dark angel (season 2 doesn't count for me :p)
the adventures of batman & robin (1992)
futurama

LizH

Second Unit
The Flash
Birds of Prey
(Where are the DVDs, Warner?)
Max Headroom
Xena
(I liked it up until Season 5)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Alien Nation
Homicide: Life on the Streets
I'll Fly Away
Quantum Leap

EDIT: I also really miss DS9. Of all the trek, I thought it had the stuff that could have went on for a long time.. but it had a good, long run.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Mike~Sileck said "Clerks!!!" but, unless there was a live action show that I didn't know about, wasn't this animated show put out in a complete episode set a few years ago?

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
Whose Line Is It Anyway?
Cheers
Night Court
News Radio
X-Files
Seinfeld
Mary Tyler Moore
Carol Burnett

Yep, I'm old. Seldom watch anything that's on now--until they hit DVD (e.g. Alias and 24).

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
I love these "old cancelled TV show" threads.

Brimstone
G VS E
Nowhere Man
Millennium
The X-Files
Homicide
Deep Space Nine

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Keen Eddie

Farscape - (I'm still bitter about this one. It's a good thing we're getting the miniseries but a fifth season would have been better.)

Dark Shadows (early '90s version)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
It's a cross between My So-Called Life, Firefly, Wonderfalls, etc, etc.

I think My So-Called Life worked so well when it was on, it would be hard to keep it up, and would have probably gotten bad after a while, but a few more years would have been great.

Firefly had a great story to tell... and was cut short, which is sad.

Wonderfalls is something that CAN be wrapped up in 13 episodes, and so while it didn't last forever, it's still not as depressing that it's over as say Firefly, for example.

I'd guess I miss My So-Called Life more (Firefly is getting a movie version at least)

DanielBH

Agent
Call me a glutton for punishment, I guess; but I do miss Sliders. However, I moreso miss what it was in the first two seasons. It was a brilliant show under the direction of Tracy Torme and Robert K. Weiss. Such a shame that Fox had to cause the direction change in season three.

LizH

Second Unit

I can name a LOT of well-thought-out shows (Firefly, Max Headroom, Sports Night, Keen Eddie, Wonderfalls, etc.) which were cancelled prematurely. :frowning:

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I miss:

Firefly and Farscape - Why do the good ones have to die so young? At least they both will live on, just not as weekly series. I think the mini-series concept may actually help Farscape.

Star Trek: The Next Generation - I thought it should have remained as a weekly TV series for at least another two years. That would have also given DS9 and Voyager a solid "anchor" to work off of and would have built up a solid cadre' of Trek writers that could probably have kept the franchise seeming a little "fresher" than it is now.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Again, I felt like this series ended a little prematurely. It seemed to me that the show really needed another season to wrap everything up properly. It's still one of my favorite Trek series, though.

Frasier - You would think that 20 years of Dr. Frasier Crane and company would be more than enough, but I already miss what will probably be the last "intelligent" comedy on episodic TV.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I really miss Karen Sisco. Damn ABC for getting my hopes saying they were bringing it back, then not doing so.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Freaks and Geeks
La Femme Nikita
Falcone
EZ Streets

Falcone and EZ Streets totally had me hooked instantly and then CBS yanked them both away after half a season or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks