What's new

What's wrong with my Criterion DVDs? (1 Viewer)

AlbertAgullo

Agent
Are the humidity conditions of my place or paper covers are bad quality?
It only happens with my Criterions. The covers and the inner sheets get slightly curved (Typical reaction to humidity). I wonder if something wrong can happen to the disks themselves.
Anyone experienced the same?

StevenA

Second Unit
Albert, I don't know if what I have noticed is the same as what you are referring to, but I have found a strange "rippling" pattern on some keepcases, and it seems to be most common on Criterions.
When the package is still shrinkwrapped, it looks like raised lines of "moisture". The raised wobbly lines remain in the clear plastic on the keep case after you remove the shrinkwrap, but there is no actual moisture. I've seen it less and less lately, however, so maybe it was a flaw in the packaging process which has been improved. (I only have it on discs I've received from an e-tailer, since if I'm in the store I just don't choose ones which have this odd appearance).
[Edited last by StevenA on October 25, 2001 at 10:31 PM]

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Could this be related to the fact that the inserts are usually coupled with an immense catalog booklet that makes the whole disc package feel like it weighs two pounds and "pinches" the insert to fit in the clips?
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Ken may have nailed it. I've noticed that Criterion's latest catalogue only covers the basics and is therefore, thinner then previous catalogues.
------------------
My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks