What's new

What's up with WTVJ and WFOR in South Florida?? (1 Viewer)

Dean_L

Grip
These two stations have twice delayed broadcasting in HDTV since last year. I was hoping to see the Superbowl on WFOR. They were supposed to be online Dec. 31, 2000. Now, it looks like May, 2001. WTVJ also had a similar push-back of the date.
Does anyone in South Florida know what's going on? I'm purchasing a HDTV decoder in March-April and would love to see HDTV with my locals here soon.
Dean

Roger Clark

Stunt Coordinator
Have you tried emailing them and asking? I would like to know what they have to say also, it would have been nice to see the Superbowl in hidef....
Roger

Gary_E

Second Unit
Dean,
I believe WTVJ is almost ready to relocate to a new tower at the Dade/Broward line. Here in Broward I can't receive WTVJ on 6 or UHF. They want the Broward/Palm Beach market badly, so I suspect it won't be too long before they're up and running from the new tower.
-Gary
------------------

Dean_L

Grip
I've emailed both several times. Each time, I have not been responded to. ARGH!!
furious.gif

By the way, do you know where the WTVJ Tower is located? Is it on site at their new broadcasting location? I sure hope so! I'm moving to western Coral Springs in two months. I'd like to think I'll have a solid signal from there.
Thank you for the replies!

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone get HDTV in the south palm beach area? I did a search but could not find any info for this area.
------------------
Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.
hulk.jpg
3EMS Hometheater

BrianM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
Michael, I get two HDTV stations in Boca Raton. WSVN which is worthless and ABC which has about 3-4 hours of HDTV a week. I have friends in Boynton Beach who can not pick up either of these two stations- it must depend on the size of your antenae. Supposedly CBS (WFOR) will be up May 1st.

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Brian. It's really annoying that we can't get HDTV especially since Adelphia really sucks. I only get about one day a week of desent feed from them. The rest of the time it's raining in my living room. I don't know why I'm still paying them. It would be nice to be able to get HDTV ota but I guess I'll just have to wait. I have Directv but thank god I made the jump to dvds last year.
------------------
Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.
hulk.jpg
3EMS Hometheater

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks