What's new

whats the difference really from a kenwood vr-507 to a vr-509? both same price.. (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
At circuit city they were both the same price $299. I bought the vr-507 from what people have said about it here. i went from a old vr-209. One thnig I noticed, does the 509 have component cable inputs? If so, CRAP cause I use a ps2 and a xbox that i could have hooked 1 component to that and 1 component to my sony wega...

if the 509 has component input and 507 doesnt, why r they the same price?

Albert M

Stunt Coordinator
The remote control alone would make me take the vr507 back and get the vr509. For the same price, vr509 all the way.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
That's strange they were the same price. Try to take it back and get the 509, component switching is nice if you have 2 component sources, which it looks like you do, plus the RF remote is great.

Just tell CC you accidentally picked the wrong one, I'm pretty sure they will let you exchange it. Play dumb and tell 'em you thought the 507 was the one with component switching, but you made a mistake.

I wish you would have told us before you bought it that the 507 and 509 were the same price.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I was there last weekend helping my parents replace their receiver. I was originally going to go with the Onkyo 494, but when I saw the 509 listed for 299 I had to go with it. The salesman seemed suprised when he noticed that the 507 and 509 were the same price also. This was in Kansas City by the way.

Vin

Supporting Actor
That's strange they were the same price.
I agree. Someone else mentioned this last week in another thread but my local CC has been selling the VR-509 for $399, ($100 more than the VR-507), although I noticed on Saturday that they no longer have one on display. I wonder if the VR-509 is already being discontinued.

Vin

John_Quincy

Agent
I saw the same thing this past weekend in a suburb of Chicago. I wanted the 507 (could not justify $ for the 509). Then I saw the price at Circuit City and had to pick it up! Cheaper than anywhere online too. :)

John_Quincy

Agent
509 has a learning remote with macros and LCD screen, component inputs/output. The 509 also has another digital port (I believe its the monitor out).
Take a look at crutchfield to see the differences:
VR-507
VR-509

John_Quincy

Agent
From Crutchfield:

"An output that lets you connect the receiver to any device with a standard optical digital input, such as a MiniDisc or CD Recorder. Optical digital connections require a special type of fiber optic cable, known as Toslink. "

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks