What's new

What's the deal with sugar alcohol??? (1 Viewer)

Van Patton

Second Unit
All my friends drink this Smirnoff Ice stuff and I make fun of them all the time. Why drink that gay sugar alcohol stuff? I say all the time why don't we just drink some Michelob and they say, "Well, that tastes bad!" I'm thinking....gee.......when is the last time I sat down to drink beer for the taste?!?!? Drinking beer should be a social event or just a manly thing to do. Maybe I have too much time on my hands.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
?
I like the tast of beer!
beerchug.gif

Kevin T

Screenwriter
just a manly thing to do
well i enjoy smirnoff ice every once and a while. not a fan of michelob per se but i do like their amberbock. normally i prefer dark beers such as guiness, newcastle, dos equis amber and such. however, beer is an acquired taste and some ppl aren't willing or have the care to acquire the taste. what's it matter what your friends drink? i thought drinking in itself was a social event...why does everybody have to drink just beer? most parties i have have a mix of beer drinkers, wine drinkers, and liquor drinkers. not once have i ever said "hey!! put down that shot of tequila and grab a beer you sissy!" just a lil food for thought.

kevin t

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Well, I guess they deserved to be razzed on a bit. But, if they really don't like beer...

Maybe they just need to try some non dollar-draft beers...?

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
I mock my friends for drinking girly drinks too. but they all drink beer most of the time, so when they do pull out the blender it's worth the effort to mock

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
All alcohol is derived from some form of sugar.
Good beer = malt sugar
Bad beer = corn and rice sugar
Liquor = corn and other grain sugar
Wine, cider = fruit sugar
Mead = honey
Sorry to break the news to ya buddy, but this includes Michelob. You be drinkin' sugah watah just the same as your girly friends, lol. ;)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I'm thinking....gee.......when is the last time I sat down to drink beer for the taste?!?!? Drinking beer should be a social event or just a manly thing to do.
Thanks for reminding me why I don't drink. ;)
God forbid you actually consume something because you enjoy the taste of what you are consuming-- instead it is far more noble to force yourself to consume something awful in order to impress those around you, or even better express your gender.
The funny part the entire concept is lacking genuineness to begin with as the whole point of the consumption is the banal pursuit of chemically altering one's consciousness-- which could be arguably one of the least noble pursuits known to mankind.
Cheers. LOL.
-Vince

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
I certainly like the taste of a lot of beers, and hate the taste of many others. On occasion I'll go for the "girly drinks", my favorite is Mike's hard lemonade. Good stuff. I never order it in a bar though :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks