What's new

What's happening to my speakers/amp? (1 Viewer)

DanBusu

Grip
Hi, I have an Onkyo TS595 receiver/amp and a home theatre set of Fluance speakers (AV-HTB I think they are).

Since a few days ago they don't seem to be as loud as they used to be for the same volume and same source on the receiver.

AS well (I might be a bit wrong here in my assumption since I was testing this on an MP3 song) there seems to be a bit of static coming through the system.

Any ideas on how I could troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

/Dan

DanBusu

Grip
Oh no the static is from the speakers, but it seems it's from all of them more or less, although one or two might be more.

I am thinking something in the amp, but what? I don't even drive them hard (if you know what 40 level on a Onkyo receiver is then that's where it's at 98% of the time).

/Dan

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
can you trun on your fm radio on the onkyo see if the static is still there if so it mite be in the amp try to un plug the onkyo from wall wait a few then plug back in it mite reset if not if you have a anouther speaker from a differnant system to try see if static is still there if so its or ampif still under warenty take back to check it they should fix or replace if you had it under a yr. thank you, joe logston

Thomas F

Stunt Coordinator
Do you or a neighbor have an electric motor running somewhere nearby? Have you tried using a filter between your receiver and outlet?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks