What's new

Whats Best For My Setup: Di,bi Or Mono (1 Viewer)

Tom J C

Grip
construction is going on now.
rear of room where 90" couch will go is only 9'9" walls on both sides. speakers will be mounted on side walls 1' behind couch. to the left is a framed in w/d then it opens up after that to where around the 3' corner i will put a chair where i will normally sit.
what type of surrounds would work best. since i will not be in the direct sound field of the rears i am thinking monos are out, so what would work best to radiate the sound maybe off the rear and side walls and out?
does this make sense as something that could work out well if using the correct radiating speaker for this type of placement/listening setup.

what i do not want to do is move the couch in and out so when i am down there alone i could move the chair where the couch is.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
How far back is the couch from the rear wall? I'm having a hard time imagining this room.

I agree directs would be hard to use. Dipoles would probably be best though bipoles are a nice compromise as they allow the qualities of both other designs to come into play and with directional sound now becoming common may not be a bad choice. I can't be sure though unless I know how far from the rear of the room the couch is and what distance you have from the sides.

Tom J C

Grip
i can put the couch at any distance from the rear wall. however i was thinking something like 1 -2'.
i think what i will do is buy all three types and try them out. what sounds the best to me is what i will go with. this seems to be the most logical thing to do. thanks

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
How about the new Infinity Alpha 25es surrounds? They are switchable mono/bi/di-pole. I took a pair home to try them out last weekend and I'm VERY happy with them. I've got them just above ear level to the sides of the listening position. I currently have them in bi-pole mode, but I haven't had a lot of time to experiment yet.

http://www.infinitysystems.com/homea...od=Alpha25esBK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks