What's new

What's a good source for Firewire cables? (1 Viewer)

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
I have a couple of firewire components and it never seems like I have the right IEEE 1394 cable when I need it (4-to-6, 6-to-6, 6', 12', etc.). I tried Best Buy and COMPUSA and they want $30+ for a simple 6' cable. I tried a couple of sources online, but the prices are either pretty high or the shipping is obscene.
Anybody know of some good, reliable sources for these cables? Many thanks! :)

Doug.L

Auditioning
Bill,
I ran into the same thing. Best Buy wanted $39.99 for the 6 ft 4 to 4 pin I needed and $49.99 for a 4 to 6 pin. I shopped around locally and found the exact same cable for $14.97 at our American TV store here in Wisconsin. I don't know if it was a store special because of remodeling, but I think their web site is www.americantv.com. I needed the 4 to 4 to go from a Sony camcorder to my Sony PC for DV transfers. I think I got the last 4 to 4, but I think they had a 4 to 6 left. $5O is outrageous for these cables.
Doug

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
I shopped around locally and found the exact same cable for $14.97 at our American TV store here in Wisconsin.
Is the same American TV that used to be known to audio enthusiasts as Wisconsin Discount Stereo (WDS) in the late 70s and early 80s? I bought a lot of equipment from those fellas.

Thanks for the tip; I'll give them a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks