What's a good source for Firewire cables?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Balcziak, May 23, 2002.

1. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

I have a couple of firewire components and it never seems like I have the right IEEE 1394 cable when I need it (4-to-6, 6-to-6, 6', 12', etc.). I tried Best Buy and COMPUSA and they want $30+ for a simple 6' cable. I tried a couple of sources online, but the prices are either pretty high or the shipping is obscene.
    Anybody know of some good, reliable sources for these cables? Many thanks! [​IMG]

2. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    I've had good results using a 6' 4-to-6 from USB-FireWire with my Digital8 and G3.
    You might also check FireWireDirect, but I've never dealt with them.

3. Doug.L

Doug.L Auditioning

Bill,
    I ran into the same thing. Best Buy wanted $39.99 for the 6 ft 4 to 4 pin I needed and $49.99 for a 4 to 6 pin. I shopped around locally and found the exact same cable for $14.97 at our American TV store here in Wisconsin. I don't know if it was a store special because of remodeling, but I think their web site is www.americantv.com. I needed the 4 to 4 to go from a Sony camcorder to my Sony PC for DV transfers. I think I got the last 4 to 4, but I think they had a 4 to 6 left. $5O is outrageous for these cables.
    Doug

4. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

5. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor