What's new

What would you change about this Cable Setup? (1 Viewer)

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I'm about to get a Toshiba 50H81, so of course my strategy is to get the best picture possible.
wink.gif
Here is my current gameplan for my Cable TV setup.
  • 50 ft Acoustic Research Performance Series cable from the wall outlet to a Monster Standard 5-1000 MHz Splitter
  • From Output 1 of the Monster Splitter I am going to run Recoton RG6 to Ant A of my TV
  • From Output 2 of the Monster splitter I am going to run RG6 to an analog Cable Box for PPV, etc. and then to Ant B of the TV
  • Then run RG6 from the Output of the TV to my VCR
Would you do anything different?
Should I use a signal Amplifier between the point where the cable comes out of the wall to the 50 ft run of RG6?
Any better experiences using different cables?
------------------
campic07.jpg

The HTF Lowest Post Champion!

Michael_Shea

Auditioning
There are different ways of setting up your system...would depend upon what you are after. Each person has different requirements so I will leave the connections to you.
But I would address the signal amplifier you mentioned. I dont think I would mess with that. If your picture is just fine, then leave it alone. If your signal is not good, you might want to call your cable company and just tell them your signal is weak....and they will probably boost it for you. DONT tell them you have a home theater. :)
When the cable guy came to my house to install digital cable box, he saw my setup and loved it so he boosted my signal for me right on the spot. Thought that was nice of him. :)
I think that if your signal is weak or noisy and you put an amplifer in there, all you will accomplish is to boost the noisy signal. Think calling the cable company a better strategy.
-hash

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks