What's new

What We Do in the Shadows (FX) (2 Viewers)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
My wife and I loved these episodes. We're happy to see that Kristen Schaal has finally been upgraded to a series regular! It was also good to see Doug Jones as Baron Afanas again.

When Lazlo was telling the cops that they were just regular guys, I was half expecting him to tell them his name was Jackie Daytona.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The "revelation" about Laszlo in this week's episode was hilarious.

Colin had loads of fun this episode.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
This week's episode has them on the local news with escalating stupidity. Vampiric farce at its heights.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
This week's episode has them on the local news with escalating stupidity. Vampiric farce at its heights.

"What is your name?"
"Nandor the Relentless."
"Hi, I here speaking with Nandor De Laurentiis..."

As for this week's episode...

"Get away from her, you BITCH!"

I was half-expecting
John Slattery
to be revealed as another energy vampire.

And Laszlo really embraces the sciences, doesn't he?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I have not seen tonight's episode yet, but looking ahead on the schedule I see 2 episodes are listed next Thursday. I presume that is the end of the season.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I have not seen tonight's episode yet, but looking ahead on the schedule I see 2 episodes are listed next Thursday. I presume that is the end of the season.

It should be, yes. There are 10 episodes for the season, and last night's was #8.

But thanks for mentioning this. I didn't realize they were doubling up the last two episodes of the season like they did the first two.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the first of the final 2 episodes of the season this morning. They appear to be a proper 2-parter with a nice cliffhanger at the end of the first one. And
Nandor actually says something intelligent in the episode. Also, the the Guide appeared to be following the unwritten rules of giving each of them one final chance before springing the traps.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Spectrum is in a dispute with Disney over programming fees, so my DVR only recorded a blank screen for the two finale episodes. :(
Hopefully they run them again once those channels return.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Spectrum is in a dispute with Disney over programming fees, so my DVR only recorded a blank screen for the two finale episodes. :(
Hopefully they run them again once those channels return.
That is terrible. Unfortunately, I think it is one of these FX shows that appear once on the night and then will only be available streaming on Hulu. So, if you don't have that you'll need to get a trial membership to see these two. It is available on Hulu right now.

I just watched the second one. Nice season finale.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Loved the finale. And I'm glad they doubled up on these two. If I had to wait a week after the ending of the 9th episode, I would've screamed.

It took me far too long to realize that the reason that Colin Robertson started sporting a moustache in ep9 was so that he could pretend to be Poirot.

I was slightly disappointed in that the resolution to the problem at hand was to return to the status quo, but I can't really say that it was a mistake. It depends on how it affects Gizmo going forward.

There was one thing I really disliked, though.
They killed Patton Oswalt!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks