What's new

What type of game do you play the most? (1 Viewer)

StevenDriers

Auditioning
Action / adventure (1st or 3rd person), RPG, Strategy, Puzzle, Fighting or Racing ~ which genre occupies the most of your collection?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I try to mix it up based on what games look fun, but it's usually action/adventure, RPGs, and fighting. More recently, it's been all rhythm (Frequency).

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
FPS's. Halo/Thief, ect.
Close second would be driving games followed by flight sims. RPG's are in 3rd, and sports, other than driving, in last.

Anthony Connor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony Connor
Well I have always been a FPS man myself, occasionally going for RPG. However now I am very adicited to Train simming. Trainz is the game I play. It allows you to build and Drive all sorts of Trains.

Nerdy I know :)

Regards

AXE

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
I generally keep a round-robin of gaming to keep my experiences fresh rather than play to a genre, so I really can't pinpoint a type.

Case in point, I spent spring break playing through No One Lives Forever (budget-priced, bless 'em), then started on Zelda (go pre-order), and I'm currently working on it and my old copy of Ground Control (won in a contest years ago, finally decided to try it out, amazing game).

The only reason I don't play more RPGs, however, is because I'm in professional school and simply don't have the time. I plan to finish off Freedom Force and Grandia over the summer though.

Overall I know I've played more adventure games than anything else. The number would far outstrip any other genre, even with today's dead adventure game market. From classic text adventure (Lurking Horror rules!) to modern-day art (Gabriel Knight anybody?).

JamesH

Supporting Actor
My collection is split pretty evenly. I have a lot of RPG/strategy games, but I also have loads of shooters/action games. I have most of the best games in each genre on all 3 systems though, so it's hard to pinpoint anything in particular. The one type of game I don't play much of is sports.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Mine would be a tie between FPS and Platform with Action/Adventure bringing up third place. Outside of those three genres, the only other I own is Simulation (Animal Crossing is more that slightly addictive).

Sports is a big yawn for me and I have yet to find a really good RPG that is engrossing *and* slightly less complicated than your average Star Trek Tech Manual. :)

StevenDriers

Auditioning
Derrick both those games, halo and thief are awesome and lead me to my current fav splinter cell. These games just keep getting better and look damn amazing! Can't wait to see what comes next.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Derrick both those games, halo and thief are awesome and lead me to my current fav splinter cell. These games just keep getting better and look damn amazing! Can't wait to see what comes next.
You got that right!

Just looking at that quicky Halo 2 trailer, and the little bits of info that have been trickling out for Thief III; we're in for some SERIOUS treats.

...not to mention all the other killer stuff on the way, Brute Force, Deus Ex II, Half-Life 2 (?), ect...

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Sports and First Person shooters the most but i play other games as well

capt

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
I play a mix of just about everything. (though not really any sports games)
But, console RPG's are what I play the most.

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
I play more FPS then anything else, but I enjoy RPG's the most.

The curse of having an Xbox and gaming PC, but no PS2 for the RPG selection :)

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
I love "stealth action" games like Splinter Cell, Deus Ex, Thief, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, etc. Games where rather than charge in, guns blazing, you have to be subtle and plan out your tactics. I am a complete Splinter Cell junkie these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks