What's new

What to wear to the London Symphony Orchestra? (1 Viewer)

Travis D

Second Unit
Well, I just purchased a ticket to the London Symphony Orchestra conducted by Jerry Goldsmith. I was wondering, what might be proper attire to such an evening? I've never been to concert where they don't have topless women and beer before. Help out a clueless redneck. :)
P.S. - Stupid quesion I know, but will they be performing just Goldsmith scores or perhaps a medley of some of the LSO's best stuff. Namley Star Wars and Indiana Jones. I'm just excited they are playing in Birmingham, so if it's all JG's stuff, that is fine by me.

Mike_Ped

Second Unit
When I saw John Williams in Concert I just wore nice jeans and a nice sweater/shirt. Of course, keep in mind this was at the Hollywood Bowl....its outdoor. But there were people there in jeans and T's and others in suits.

Mike

LUCKY SOD!

When I heard you indicate the concert was in birmingham, I thought it was Birmingham, ENGLAND and started phoning the concert halls before it dawned on me that it was b'ham alabama!

Whatever you wear, your gonna have a great time!

Tommy G

Screenwriter
You probably would want to wear a suit if it is at a concert hall. You might feel a little out of place if you go in jeans. I have been to the symphony on many occasions and have always worn suits and I believe everyone around me (male of course) was at least in the same attire. Some in tuxes but that is out of my price range.

Bergan Peters

Stunt Coordinator
There are precious few times in your life where you get to wear a Tuxedo. You should take this oppurtunity. You can never be too dressy for the symphony.

Travis D

Second Unit
Stan, I'm sorry bout that. :) I just didn't think that anyone would think it amazing if the London Symphony Orchestra played in Birmingham, England.
Well, I guess I'll have to go and buy a suit. (I had a couple, but an act of God like a house fire gets rid of those things really quick.) Did I mention row 11, center seats. Cause I don't think I did. :D

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
Flip-flops, shorts and a tank-top.

Seriously though I go to Symphony's now and again (just saw The Russian State do Beethoven's 9th, Awesome) you should be fine in a decent suit.

Martin G

Second Unit
Slacks and a nice shirt should be fine. I would never wear a tux to a concert that I was not performing in. A suit would be good for a classics concert, but considering it is a pops concert it might be over dressing a little.

BTW this is a professional musician talking here. Just don't go in a tee shirt or in jeans.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks