What's new

What Remains of Edith Finch (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I just watched a play through of this game and was really blown away.

Information about this game can be found here: What Remains of Edith Finch

This a relatively new "interactive" story type game that feature some of the most innovated and varied control schemes and styles that I have ever seen in a game.

It is basically a story that unfolds as you explore around a large house on a island. As you explore, you come across journals, diaries, books etc that when you interact with them, suck you into that persons story on their last day. The beauty of this is that every one is so completely different in both style and control schemes.

There is no dying, no shooting, etc, just exploration as you uncover the story of this "cursed" family.

The story is very emotional, so don't play if you have no heart. :)

This type of "game" is really hard to classify. It was similar to the "Vanishing of Ethan Carter" (a great game!), or "Gone Home" (I heard it was good but never played it)

Does anyone else here like this style of game?

It is a great way to spend 4 to 6 hours.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Yep, this genre is called 'Walking Simulator' and I enjoy them a lot. 'Everybody's Gone to the Rapture' is another great one that fits in with all the other ones you listed. I haven't played Edith Finch yet, but it's been on my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks