what is a reliable taxi in chicago?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by felix_suwarno, Jul 18, 2002.

1. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

i need to get a taxi before 5 am in two days. please recommend me a taxi company that is reliable.

or do cta busses operate in the morning?

2. Dan Brodin

Dan Brodin Stunt Coordinator

Felix,

Yes the CTA busses operate in the morning. Use this site to plan your route to get around the city. It includes CTA, Metra, and Pace.

-Dan

3. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

in morning, like in 4 am? really? do you know how many buses would pass at that time in, say, every 30 minutes? i will be going with my wife and baby that safety is number one.

my last option would be this : take a red line from argyle to washington, and move to blue train. it is a detour though.

4. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

5. Tom Meyer

Tom Meyer Second Unit

any taxi company is going to "reliable" enough to get you to the airport. Just call yellow taxi the night before and tell them when you want to be picked up and then call back when you get up to make sure they didn't forget. Going from Argyle all the way downtown just to switch to the blue line will add another hour+ onto your trip. All you need to do is take a taxi west on Foster or Lawrence until you get to the Kennedy expressway. Shouldn't take you more than 45 mins to get to the airport if it's that early.