What's new

What is a good budget projector (1 Viewer)

Michael Gdwn

Agent
I was looking on ebay for how much a projector would cost and was surprised that I might pick one up for about 350-400. That is definetly the max of my budget, so I was wondering if there is anything decent that I can get for that price, new or used. It will go in a dorm room that is probably 10 feet wide and is going to replace my current crappy 27inch Zenith none flat screen, none HDTV. Is this possible. i will be watching TV, movies, playing on my Xbox, and occasionally for kicks playing Quake 3 from my computer on it.

All suggestions are welcome! Do you have one you want to sell me? Thanks for the advice.

Michael

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
You can get a CRT for that price....A Sony 10xx or similar - the data-grade projectors....They do pose problems - Heavy, hard to calibrate...Also, I think game systems like Xbox are subjecting the system to burn-in....

A digital projector wont be subject to burn-in, but I am not sure if you can get one for under $500.00

Might want to check on the avsforums.com they have guys such as Curt Palme who sell CRTs cheap - they are very reliable and reputable.....You can know what you are getting ahead of time....Check the classifieds or do searches there.....It will be time well spent....

Luis Gabriel Gerena

Second Unit
Sorry but in mi opinion CRT is the only thing you could try with that budget but then again..you'll need some kind of video processing for it be it PC or a VideoProcessing unit. Otherwise the image will be very bad due to visible scanlines. In the other hand I think that youll need around $1200 for a decent digital projector. Is not going to be easy but if you have a PC with a good card specially ATI all in wonder or Radeon familiy then CRT is your best choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks