What's new

What Games Are you looking forward to next month? (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I was just browsing ebworld.com for one game price and noticed there are a bunch of games Im intrested in for xbox coming next month

Capcom vs SNK-Finally a Online Fighter
Indiana Jones-Made with the excellent Buffy Engine
SW:Knights of the Old republic-Ill wait for reviews first
Phantasy Star Online- All depends on how much $$ they want

I have been away so i didnt pick up DOA Volleyball or Penzar Dragoon yet. Better get home and finish the games i have already before the others come out :)

capt

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
February looks somewhat boring domestically. May pick up Xbox PSO. Otherwise a good time to pick up some interesting looking titles, hopefully at a good price.

The import scene is more interesting Feb. & March with ZOE II, Chaos Legion, King of Colosseum Green, and the Soul Calibur 2 ports coming.

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
I still am playing november/december/ releases
for games. There's just been so much to play and so little
time. That's the downside of having all 3 systems.

Capcom vs SNK- I will pick this one up for sure since I
really need a new Online game.
Indiana Jones- I will get this one when I finish some other
games first.
SW:Knights of the Old republic- I will also wait for the reviews on this too. Isn't this the star wars title that was
sopposed to have online play?.
Phantasy Star Online- I agree with you on how much money
they want for the online part.
DOA:Volleyball - Still have to get this.
Panzer Dragon Orta - Still have to get this.

-Mike

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
SW:Knights of the Old republic- I will also wait for the reviews on this too. Isn't this the star wars title that was sopposed to have online play?.
Don't think so. You might be thinking of Galaxies, which is the Star Wars MMORPG. I'm also pretty sure I read somewhere that it's been pushed into March. I'm not waiting for reviews on that one (actually, I don't think I've even read a game review in months). Bioware doing it is good enough for me :)

James T

Screenwriter
Indina Jones I'll buy the first day it comes out.

I was gonna do the same with Star Wars: KOTOR, but now I'm not too sure since I'm a little iffy about turn based light saber combat. Plus I haven't heard of the company that made the game( but apparently, lots of other people have).

SW:Knights of the Old republic- I will also wait for the reviews on this too. Isn't this the star wars title that was
If it was going to have online support, wouldn't it have been called Galaxies instead?[edit: Andy beat me to it]

Can someone explain PSO? I keep seeing it as a game that most Xbox owners want to have, but I have no idea what it is or what type of game it is.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
PSO is phantasy star online. A very popular game series. I played the others a few times. With this game it all comes down to if and how much they charge to play it a month. If its $5 it would be no biggee for me. Anything higher then that for only 4 player online action ill stay away and save the $$ for Fable and Galaxies.

capt

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I had PSO (GC) online but it is $10 a month. I highly doubt Microsoft will charge less. I only had it online for the one month I paid for it... Too much..

Bruce Berti

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking forward to the first baseball games of the year for the Xbox. Hope you can play them live!

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Can someone explain PSO? I keep seeing it as a game that most Xbox owners want to have, but I have no idea what it is or what type of game it is.
My nutshell description: Diablo in space, Anime style! :)

I'll be picking up Indy, SW:KOTOR (The Bioware name is good enough for me), and PSO (as long as it's not outrageously expensive to play).

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Next Month holds some delights for me.

Definite buys for the month:

Guilty Gear X2 (PS2)
Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC)
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox) (Its Bioware, no need to worry!)
Phantasy Star Online Ep I and II (Xbox) (Ax is on his way back, and I'm looking forward to the OAR avengers reunion!)
XenoSaga Ep1 (PS2) (After hearing about the emphasis on cinematics in the game, I'm a bit less excited but any title that has Xenogears as a relation I WILL try)
Sea Dogs II (Xbox)-Pirates, RPG, Bethsoft publishing. Yes I will buy. (Though I may go with the PC version)
Splinter Cell (PC)- High resolution Splinter Cell. Don't have to say much more than that. Looking to push my new 3.06gig P4:D.

On Deck for rental or possible buy:

Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge (Xbox)-Looks good but not sure if it will be my kind of game.

Indiana Jones and The Emperors Tomb (Xbox, PC, PS2)- The Collective really did a great job with Buffy but I want to give Indy a try before straight out buying. If it turns out to be Buffy quality, I'm all over it. (Either be purchasing the Xbox or PC version)

Everquest Online Adventures (PS2)- I enjoyed what I played of the beta but I'm not sure if I want to bother with it off this off the bat. If a monthly fee is getting paid out it will go to PSO above any other game. Though EQ may be a purchase in March-April. Not sure.

Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance (PC)-May pick up the PC version of Substance. The first MGS was very well done on the PC and if the second is of the same quality, I'll grab it just to have the definitive version.

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
I'm only looking forward to one game in February - Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II for the Xbox. I don't really care how much they charge - I'm a PSO whore.:D

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. Hands down, the only game that has me salivating next month is:

The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time - Regular Edition and Master Quest for GCN

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Woops, edit. Thought you meant the original GC Zelda, not the bonus disc. I anticipate this too but for some reason I self consciously thought of it being released with the game, my fault.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Just a question about PSO prices.

I thought that paying for a Xbox Live subscription, meant that you didn't have to pay 'per game'?

As for what I'm looking forward to... well, Capcom vs. SNK would be something I would want to pick up. Just too bad that I don't have an Xbox yet. :frowning:

So, I'll be sticking with Animal Crossing.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I thought that paying for a Xbox Live subscription, meant that you didn't have to pay 'per game'?
Unfortunately, no. When you agreed to the contract, you agreed that Microsoft had the right to charge extra subscription fees for games & extra fees for downloads. They made it clear at the launch of XBL that for future games, publishers can decide to charge monthly fees - the prime candidates being MMORPGs ala SW:Galaxies & Everquest style games. Sega has a history of charging for PSOv2 on the GC & DC as well as in Japan on XBL (though they're currently waiving that charge to drum up business and I /suspect/ Microsoft are paying Sega for it).

Combine all that with Sega/Microsoft saying /nowt/ about potential fees for PSO Xbox - they're neither confirming nor denying fees - and people are suspecting they'll have to pay a monthly charge for XBox PSO.

Jon W H

Stunt Coordinator
Star Wars: KOTR (XBox) looks like a likely buy for me - I'll wait on the buzz from Romier and others. :)

I was hoping Rainbow III: Raven Shield would be coming out next month on the XBox, but I guess there isn't a semi-solid release date for it anymore. Boo. If it doesn't come out next month, I'll just save my money for Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Indiana Jones the Vampire Slayer and The Emperors Tomb
PSO

Possibly Star Wars KOTOR. Skepticism runs high in this one, it does.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks