1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

With Next Week's Xbox Game Explosion should I still Get MOH ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Scarpa, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I've been waiting for Medal of onor Frontline to get released for the Xbox. I've played the PS2 version and I liked what I saw, so it's been my intention to pick it up. It's too bad EA Will not support XBOX Live but it's a strong Single player game. But with titles the Likes of Unreal, Mechassault, NHL2K3 and SNK vs Capcom all coming next week and Live enabled I've been questioning the decision to drop the $50 on this or Jedi Outcast (The other Single player only game I've considered) what does everyone think? IS MOH still worth getting ? It ships today.

2. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

I'm caught in the same trap you are Dave, just too much coming out at once. I'm going for Mech Assault just because I know I need to play that one online, but Splinter Cell is also coming up.
    My suggestion: buy two games now and put the rest on your Xmas list [​IMG]
    PS - From what I have heard, MOH is definitely worth getting.

3. Edan W

Edan W Stunt Coordinator

I'm still getting MOH Frontline just because I really like the idea of a WWII themed shooter (and this one seems to be pretty good)and because I still like single player gaming even with the online extravaganza starting next week with Mechassault, UC, etc. I know what you mean though, there have been alot of games in the last month (Shenmue II, Fatal Frame, Timesplitters 2) that I have passed on because of the wealth of great stuff coming out in the next couple of weeks.

4. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Is this just Allied Assault for consoles or is it different?

5. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    It's slightly different it's a port of the PS2 game, with multiplayer and Enhanced graphics

6. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

I'd give it a rent, you'll probably end up not buying it. It's really one of the most formulaic and derivative FPSs I've ever played. If you like 007: Agent Under Fire though, I think you might enjoy Frontline. Its basically the exact same game, sans driving sequences, with a WW2 theme. If they sold the first level by itself for $7, I'd be on it, but it's definately not worth forgoing the worthier games coming out right now.

7. Edan W

Edan W Stunt Coordinator

8. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

I have a feeling it will be dirt cheap in 2 months.:wink:

9. JohnTKline

JohnTKline Stunt Coordinator

MOH: Allied Assault on the pc is so good. I enjoyed playing it very much and I hope that expansion comes out soon for pc.
    I'd say get the pc version if you can run it.

John