What's new

What ever happened to Picket Fences S2+?!? (1 Viewer)

yigohgoh

Auditioning
Real Name
Trevor
Back in 2007 when it came out, I picked up Picket Fences S1 DVD set because I recalled how much I had enjoyed it during its run in the early 90s. Having read a lot of news that David E. Kelley's shows were unlikely to be released on DVD at the time, having this become available was amazing.

And now, 2 years later, and no other releases. If I recall correctly, it only lasted 4 seasons...what's the hold up?

Perhaps it wasn't as big of a seller as the studio had hoped, but by initiating a release of the series by making S1 available, I would hope that they would at least release the rest of the series. I don't want to get stuck with just S1 and not be able to complete the set...especially since this was a great show and I would like to see the rest of the episodes again.

Anyone else wondering why only S1 is sitting on their shelves by itself without any following seasons?

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
If you remeber it took several years before season 2 of Everwood was finally put out. Perhaps it will take a few years for season 2 of this show to show up. I too would love to complete the series. And yes it was only 4 seasons.

yigohgoh

Auditioning
Real Name
Trevor
I didn't watch Everwood, but several YEARS?!? Oh boy... I guess we're in for a waiting game...and that's only if they remember that there are still 3 more seasons to put out.

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
PICKET FENCES and EVERWOOD are two of my favorite shows ever. Unfortunately for me, my tastes don't seem to reflect those of the casual DVD buyer. But just as I waited 5 years for the second season of EVERWOOD, I'm willing to wait for PICKET FENCES. I was disappointed when both this show and the equally great THE PRACTICE were seemingly dropped and would buy subsequent releases in a heartbeat if they were to ever see the light of day. Here's to the belief that good things come to those who wait and hoping FOX reconsiders these titles in the future.

Daesun

Auditioning
Real Name
Daesun
Check out this spoof of the show made with original cast members! (Viewable in HD if you go to YouTube)

yigohgoh

Auditioning
Real Name
Trevor
lol! Loved the references to other actors' recent projects, particularly "Kim became a witch and hooked up with 2 other hot witches" since I was a fan of 'Charmed' as well. I liked the fact that Kathy Baker made an appearance as well.

Makes me want to watch the whole series from the beginning again...oh wait, I can't...only Season 1 is on DVD...

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
It's not Region 1, but it looks like 2016 will be the year that the remaining seasons of Picket Fences will finally be available on DVD.

Fox released Season 1 in 2007. That's been the only season available in Region 1.

In 2014, Season 2 was released in Region 4.

Now, I see that Madman is releasing Season 3 in Region 4 in February.

http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/30354/picket-fences-season-3

I also found the cover - or at least potential cover - for Season 4 (the final season), so I have a feeling it may come out this year as well.

image__86568_zoom.jpg

I'd prefer Region 1, but since it's Fox, I wouldn't count on seeing any further US releases. At least the entire series will now finally be out.

So now that it looks like Picket Fences (via Region 4's Madman) and L.A. Law (via Region 2's Revelation Films) will both be completed this year, I wish one of these companies could next do something similar for Boston Public. I don't expect Fox to do anything with that one in Region 1 either, due to music issues and just Fox being Fox and having no interest.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
If it's true that Season 1 didn't sell well, then you likely won't be seeing any further releases.

Intelligent shows don't usually sell well on DVD.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
MatthewA said:
It's Fox. That's what happened.

Both Newhart and Small Wonder are stalled at their respective halfway points on DVD. Critical reputation has nothing to do with it.
And now they treat their modern shows like s***, too. Their announcement of no more Simpsons DVDs is proof of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks