What's new

What ever happened to Jet Li's "Hero"? (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Did this movie ever get released domestically here in the U.S.? I was really looking forward to seeing it. I haven't heard anything about a DVD release either.

Has this movie fallen off the map or have I just not kept up with the latest developments?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Not yet. It was going to be released in April, but then Miramax decided they didn't want to have both it and Kill Bill Volume 2 in theaters at once. So now it's supposedly on the schedule for a June release.

There likely won't be a Region 1 DVD until ~Christmas, but Region 0 ones are insanely easy to find around here.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm glad I didn't wait for the thing to release and bought the Region 0 DVD-9 with DTS!

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

Not to mention that the R1 disc will most likely be rescored, or cut, and dubbed. And the R0 with DTS is near perfect picture quality and sound. If you have multi-region capability, the 2-disc R3 is the way to go.

Chris

Nick C.

Second Unit
here's hoping the 'extended edition' without the Weinstein trims will be available on DVD eventually... Monkeypeaches has mentioned this months ago, but not much info since

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks