What's new

What dvd-a players ahve bass management? (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
I wan to buy a dvd-a player, but the bass problems on the RP-91 really detract from the overall experience. are there any players that i should look at?

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Denon 3800, Denon 9000 both have bass management capability.

I think the Denon 1600 uses a low-pass filter for bass management.

The Kenwood DV-5700 and DV-5900 have bass management as well.

If you are satisfied with the overall results with your Panasonic RP-91, why not just get an ICBM and be done with it?

Regards,

Brian Burgoyne

Second Unit
Hey John,

What did you find out at CEDIA about the new universal players from Yamaha and Onkyo/Integra? And how about the Pioneer elite 45a and the new 47ai? What level of bass management do they have?

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Brian,

No on all the above, as I wasn't able to round up technical info from Onkyo or Yamaha, and Perry got to Pioneer's booth but I didn't.

Regards,

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
There has been reports in threads here that the 45a has it. My 1st DVD-A disc should be here in a week or so.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
I dont own the RP-91 :frowning:
i borrowed a friends to try it out. How are the Dneon's as DVD players? I might be willing to just go for the ICBM and the RP-82.
what benefits would an ICBM offer me?

MikeSRC

Second Unit
You might want to check out the new Yamaha DVD-S2300. I saw this at CEDIA and it has Sage/Faroudja deinterlacing, DVD-A and SACD playback and digital bass management for a $1000 list price. I didn't see them, but from what I've heard, the Pioneers still have the chroma bug

John-Miles

Screenwriter
ah so many things to consider, but from what i understand the 45a is several hundred dollars cheaper... and well budget is unfortunately very important to me now.

Brian Burgoyne

Second Unit
Dan HH,

Thanks for the info. What does it let you do? Set all speakers to small and redirect bass to sub? Set speaker distance?

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Burgoyne

Second Unit
Thanks Jack,
I am seriously considering the 45a universal player. I just ordered a 45tx receiver but the dock worker stike in California is holding up shipment!:frowning:

JackJD

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Brian, no problem... That's why we're all here...
I don't know if you had been following this earlier thread, but there's alot of good info. about the ElitE 45a here:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...8&pagenumber=2
Check it out, if you haven't already, and let me know if you have any more questions I might be able to answer for you...
Cheers, -JD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks