What's new

What do bass shakers give you that a good sub won't? (1 Viewer)

Keir H

Second Unit
I am curious about bass shakers by the various companies that make them..Clark Synthesis, Aura, Buttkicker ..ect. I am not sure if I need them though since I already own an SVS 22-31 sub cornered in a mid-sized room. I mean will bass shakers help support all bass in movies and music or will it replace certain frequencies? If so, which frequencies are these? I was under the impression that if you have a good enough sub, that it would give you the same/similar effects of what bass shakers do for you. I have not been able to test out a system in an audio dealer just yet. I do know that my SVS will shake my couch if I have my playback level high enough.....any thoughts on this?

Steve Lumbert

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Buttkicker2 with the Buttkicker 1100watt amp. I was very skeptical at first but it has turned out to be the star of my HT. The resonance frequency of the Buttkicker2 is 9Hz and it will extend down to 5Hz. If you have a room where you can properly install one, I highly recommend getting one. It really does add a new dimension to the movie experience.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I agree with the above post and I only have some Aura Pro shakers. I too have a SVS, a 20-39pc, and it shakes the house and all that is in it but the shakers still add that extra something to your backside. Shakers are cheap to add to a HT system and make a world of difference IMHO....

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
I don't have shakers, but my understanding is that one advantage would be the ability to NOT annoy your neighbors. Some who live in apartments or dorm rooms can't blast their subs at levels that will shake a couch or chair regardless of how good their sub is. Shakers give this sensation without the high SPL bass that easily travels through walls, floors, etc.

JKS

Keir H

Second Unit
Wow, 9hz?! I wonder what thats like to feel that. I guess it would be helpful to use in the place of a sub in that case. But I see you need alot of power to generate those sensations. THat means mucho $$ as well for another black box somewhere to power em.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks