What Best 4 ohm rated amp capable of 110 wpc Continuous Power for less then $1000.00

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Tim_, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Tim_

Tim_ Stunt Coordinator

What's the best 4 ohm rated amp capable of 110 wpc Continuous Power for less then $1000.00? I don't believe I come across one yet. Anyone has any suggestion? I want one that is specifically rate to drive 4 ohm speaker not capable of, thanks.

2. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

I guess you are talking about 2 channel amps?

3. Tim_

Tim_ Stunt Coordinator

Arthur S,
    Any will do as long as it meet 110 wpc plus and my budget requirement. I actually has the 3.1 setup but only running it at 2 channel stereo.

4. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Adcom will likely have an amp that will fit your budget and still sound good. Audiosource's monoblocks are very cheap so you could pick up a bunch of those to do the job also.

5. DaveHo

DaveHo Supporting Actor

Almost any separate 2 ch amp would have no problem with a 4 ohm load. Most are rated at 8 & 4 as well so I'm not sure why you're having difficulty finding one. The Parasound HCA-1000A comes to mind as a solid amp meeting your requirements.

-Dave

6. DorianBryant

DorianBryant Screenwriter

Adcom is a nice choice. I picked up a GFA-6000 on Audiogon for $200 shipped. This is a 5 channel amp. There are Adcom amps listed all the time that would meet your needs.