What's new

What are your favorite Rick and Morty episodes? (1 Viewer)

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
To get things started, here are a few of mine:

• M. Night Shaym-Aliens (season 1) – Scammer aliens place Rick inside nested giant simulations to try to scam him out of his spaceship fuel secrets. "What happened?" "Why don't you ask the smartest people in the universe? Oh you can't – they blew up" [cue Gerry Rafferty's "Baker Street" music])
  • Pickle Rick (season 3) – Rick turns himself into a living pickle to escape family therapy. Much darkly humorous violence against cockroaches, rats, and unsavory "diplomats" ensues. Not to be missed.
  • The Rickchurian Montydale (season 4) – The smartest mammal in the Universe (Rick) vs. the most powerful man in the U.S. (President Obama) over a stupid, ego-driven, desire of each to best the other.
  • One Crew Over The Crew-Crew's Morty (season 4) – Heist movie parody
  • Rattlestar Ricklactica (season 4) – Flat tires in space. Snakes in space. Racist snakes. Snake jazz. Snake math. Snake time travel. Snake Terminator parodies. Snake M.I.T. 1985. Snake Lincoln. Snake Hitler. Swatsikas with snake tongues. Snake time travel eating its own tail. 4th Dimensional Time cops. Rick and Morty being mean to their future & past selves. What's not to like?!!

Last edited:

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
My kids keep telling me I need to watch this. I have never seen an episode but they swear by it.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
My kids keep telling me I need to watch this. I have never seen an episode but they swear by it.
It is really good. If you like this, you'll probably also like Futurama and The Venture Brothers (and vice versa). All three are densely layered with pop culture references done up in a way that appeals to science-fiction and SciFi-loving adult and teenage audiences.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Futurama, of course, is by Matt Groening – the guy who brought us The Simpsons and the various Life in Hell books (Life Is Hell / School Is Hell / Work Is Hell).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The Rickchurian Mortydate (season 3) – The smartest mammal in the Universe (Rick) vs. the most powerful man in the U.S. (President Obama) over a stupid, ego-driven, desire of each to best the other.
This is my favorite so far (though I still haven't watched the latter part of Season 4). The battle between Rick and the President is OTT hilarious.

Rick Sanchez: Don't touch me, you'll die.
(Secret Service agent touches Rick and drops dead.)

The President: Okay, what was that?

Rick Sanchez: Death.

The President: What kind?

Rick Sanchez: Instant.

The President: There was no sound! He just died!

Rick Sanchez: Yeah, terrifying. It's a terrifying thing to watch happen. It's called a deterrent.

Secret Service Agent: You couldn't just knock him out?

Rick Sanchez: How is 'knocking out' a deterrent? Everyone wants to be knocked out. Nobody wants to be dead.

Runner-up choices would be "Pickle Rick" and "Rattlestar Riclactica".

Never been a fan of any of Matt Groening's shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks