What's new

What are Clutch Cargo and The Funny Company and are they coming to DVD? (1 Viewer)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
On the VCI Fractured Flickers DVD collection I noticed a Cartoon Classics Promo on the first disc,showing what I guess to be trailers for future DVDs. I know VCI has some of these on video but not DVD, except a few, Popeye and Somewhere In Dreamland. The first one is for the already on DVD Popeye, then Gabby, Clutch Cargo, Betty Boop(on VHS from them), Somewhere In Dreamland (DVD already), Superman, The Funny Company. I never heard of Clutch Cargo and The Funny Company. Are these any good? Are these coming to DVD?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

OK, I can understand The Funny Company, but you've never heard of Clutch Cargo? I HATED it! Very static "animation" about a boy and his dad and a couple of animals ("Spinner and Paddlefoot") that went on adventures around the globe. The big thing about this was that they superimposed real actors' lips onto the faces of the characters to add realism.

I seem to recall that the Funny Company was pretty entertaining, a group of kids that hung around together and were always creative (one was a really smart science-geek, but the only one I remember by name was "Shrinking Violet" who got really small when she got embarrassed). Anyone out there wanna help jog my long-faded memory on this?

Joe:C

Second Unit
BCI Eclipse is releasing the first two seasons of Clutch Cargo in March. Here's a tiny bit of info from animatedbliss.com.

Clutch Cargo: Season #1
Retail Price: $14.95
Release Date: (3/22/2005)
Studio: BCI Eclipse
Original Language: English

Clutch Cargo: Season #2
Retail Price: $14.95
Release Date: (3/22/2005)
Studio: BCI Eclipse
Original Language: English

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't have asked for a better opening for this news item than Joe's post. I have a LOT more info; probably more than you ever want to know! :wink:

Mark, a bonus episode of "Space Angel" is on the first set, and a bonus episode of "Captain Fathom" is on the second set.

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
I remember The Funny Company from like 1963 or so. If I remember right (I havent seen it since then) they all marched in and out of a clubhouse singing a song of some sort. God I hadnt thought of that show in years.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I just preordered Clutch Cargo at deepdiscountdvd, they have each set for 8.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks