What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I had that with Norton a couple of years ago because it auto renews like a month and a half early. That's when i learned to cancel as soon as i activate so it won't even try to auto renew. It's much cheaper to get a new license from other retailers each year.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Some car drivers. I have had a lousy week on the road- telling my company I’m thinking of quitting, due to the conditions of the job. I was on my way home this morning, to start a much needed vacation. Some wanker was running below the speed limit in the hammer lane, and I was just not in the mood for anyone slowing me down to get home. I can’t remember the last time I did this, but I put the high beams on, and got on the air horn to this jerk. He moved over, so I passed him. A little ways on down the road, this guy got up on my trailer bumper. When I knew who it was, I stopped on the shoulder for a couple of minutes, so I wouldn’t have to see this guy again. Baffling that some want to fuck with other drivers on the road- it’s not a game out there.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FED EX FED EX FED EX

I purchased a Star Wars Arcade 1 up Cabinet From Walmart online. So what does Fed ex do? They leave it on my door step in the pouring rain. They don't ring my Door bell nor text me to let me know it has arrived. fortunately, I was able to get it indoors and when I built it, it worked perfectly.

A week later, I order another Arcade I up Cabinet from Amazon. Again, Fed Ex Delivers it and it's raining. Agian , No notification (Doorbell, Text. etc etc )

I don't expect them to stand there and wait for me to answer the Door but Why not notify me at least?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Got off work and arrived at my hotel to find the water was out for this part of Houston. It came on about an hour later, about the time I was leaving to go eat dinner. While eating, the bartender tells me the restaurant is closing early tonight because the water is scheduled to be turned back off at 9 and will remain off overnight. I have to get up for work at 4AM so I sure hope the water department has their issue sorted by then.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
8 hours of sitting around at the courthouse today for jury selection, concluding with a nail-biter finale in which I was initially chosen and then ultimately dismissed (thank goodness since it would supposedly have been a two week trial (!)).

There must be a faster way to do this.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
8 hours of sitting around at the courthouse today for jury selection, concluding with a nail-biter finale in which I was initially chosen and then ultimately dismissed (thank goodness since it would supposedly have been a two week trial (!)).

Did you at least get catered lunch out of the deal?

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry

There is a faster way. Maybe. Last time I got selected for jury duty here in NH, I was able to go on-line and answer some questions. Some fairly short time later, I got an email saying that I was excused from jury duty. Then again, I will probably never get picked to serve on a jury (I'm related to a murder victim), so the whole thing is a rather empty exercise for me. I'd actually like to serve, especially now that I'm retired and can spare the time.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
There is a faster way. Maybe. Last time I got selected for jury duty here in NH, I was able to go on-line and answer some questions. Some fairly short time later, I got an email saying that I was excused from jury duty. Then again, I will probably never get picked to serve on a jury (I'm related to a murder victim), so the whole thing is a rather empty exercise for me. I'd actually like to serve, especially now that I'm retired and can spare the time.
That does sound like a better approach. We spend about an hour with the judge asking screening questions to the group of 100+ candidates and writing down who stood up to answer yes. That should have been an online quiz before we went to court.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That my credit card company texted me *repeatedly* around 5am this morning about a $40 charge related to a Kickstarter project I supported.

Fraud monitoring is all well and good, but was it necessary to wake me out of a sound sleep over a $40 charge? Couldn't wait until a more reasonable time in the morning? Not to mention this is the same group I supported on a previous project with the same credit card and the bank knew it was a legitimate charge.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Newly built roads that are horribly antiquated when they open. Just north of Cincinnati, there is a brand new off ramp from I-75 south that feeds into I-74 west. When they get everything finished in this spot, it will be better and safer- the new ramp itself is much better than what they had before. The problem is the exit lane off of 75 to take the ramp is WAY too short- only about 200 feet long. There likely has already been lane change wrecks, and people getting hit in the ass, due to this stupid situation. 😡👎

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Freaking taxes. Doing them each year just gets more complicated and I'm firmly in that middle ground of having more than just W2s to be put in but don't have a big enough return to justify paying someone else to do it.

But it's the filing itself that's being extra annoying. Just so many extra steps to go through....and extra payments -- gotta pay Turbotax to e-file the state, and then I have to pay the actual tax I owe to the state (plus a service fee).

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
We’ve had the same accounting firm handle our taxes every year for the past 21 years. It’s a local small business who did our taxes for free as a wedding gift the year we got married and have done them every year since. Well worth the $125 each year.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
My wife used to do our taxes with Quicken. We didn't have a lot of complicated stuff to deal with, so that was fine. My mother passed away in 2016, and we discovered that there had been a quit-claim drawn up for her house, so technically, it had already belonged to me and my sister. We weren't sure how that was going to complicate our tax filing when we sold the house the following year, so we asked our lawyer for a recommendation for an accountant. She doesn't come cheap, but it's been worth it, especially after we bought our own house the year after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks