What's new

What annoys you? (2 Viewers)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
hard boiled eggs that are uncooperative when peeling shell off
That usually happens when an egg is very fresh. Older eggs don't have usually have this issue (5-7 days in the fridge or so).

So... put a teaspoon or so of baking soda (*not* powder) in the water (changes the pH level of the shell to help prevent the white sticking).

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Truck stops having barely enough room to back into a parking space. The Pilot west of Little Rock is like this. There was a free space when I got there yesterday afternoon, but it was too tight to get into, without hitting another truck. I had to purchase a spot. 😡

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
When it comes to YouTube, getting a notification that someone liked a comment you made, only for you to find out upon clicking on that notification that the like you thought you had was somehow rescinded.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Agreed, though I've never understood any littering by anyone. There are literally trash cans everywhere you go: retail stores, gas stations, convenience stores, homes, workplaces, rest areas, along city streets, etc. What's so difficult about tossing your garbage in the trash at the next place you stop?

I have a plastic trash can in back of the front passenger seat, with a drawstring liner. When I fill it up -- mostly from Dunkin Donuts bags and coffee cups -- I put a new liner-bag in it, and put the older liner-bag out with the trash at home.

(And, yes, sometimes -- though rarely -- I need to have both back seats and foot wells available for passengers, so I'll stick the trash bucket into the way-back.)

Artanis

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
* 3D negative paralax described as, a gimmick. They never describe the multitude of overused stunts (exploding cars), fighting after getting shot, 100 kills, same rehashed story lines, etc., described as gimmicks.

* 3D directors that refuse to employ negative paralax because their film is, art.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Endless waits for packages to arrive. A package from Shout Factory picked up by the carrier, USPS, on March 15th, still hasn't made its way to me. According to tracking, it spent 6 days in one facility alone. Is that crazy or what?

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
That is an interesting issue- yes, it is an insult to our intelligence to be prompted when to laugh, but if I watch a M*A*S*H
episode without the laugh track, I feel that something is definitely missing.
Hazel on Antenna TV Is worse. For some reason many episodes are missing the laugh tracks and everytime someone says something supposedly amusing there's this dead space in the audio since the episode was obviously filmed and edited with the laugh track in mind.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Endless waits for packages to arrive. A package from Shout Factory picked up by the carrier, USPS, on March 15th, still hasn't made its way to me. According to tracking, it spent 6 days in one facility alone. Is that crazy or what?

When I was out in Santa Barbara a couple of weeks ago, I bought a boat-load of books. So I wouldn't have to haul them home, I bought a couple of boxes from a local Staples, packed them up, and mailed them to my home in NH. Both were processed by the PO at the same time. One got to me several days before the other. The latter spent a few extra days in the Nashua, NH Network Distribution Center, which we refer to as the place where packages go to die.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I wouldn’t call this annoying- my words are sad and heartbreaking. For any number of reasons, I decided children weren’t for me.
Has to be devastating to lose a 9 year old child to violence. Easy to feel hopeless about our society and the future.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Right now, I am going through a very difficult struggle to hold my tongue regarding this considering the particular school that was targeted for reasons that are clearly outlined in a manifesto left behind by the scum who did this. All I will say is that those who want to memory-hole the context for why this particular individual acted and what motivated that individual ultimately do the greatest disservice to the victims.

And that is all I will say.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
When reporters quote themselves asking a question in a news story. It's a trend I'm starting to see with the newer reporters at the local level.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
When I was out in Santa Barbara a couple of weeks ago, I bought a boat-load of books. So I wouldn't have to haul them home, I bought a couple of boxes from a local Staples, packed them up, and mailed them to my home in NH. Both were processed by the PO at the same time. One got to me several days before the other. The latter spent a few extra days in the Nashua, NH Network Distribution Center, which we refer to as the place where packages go to die.

Jersey City is one other such place. Packages just linger there for days without reason. It's like they get delivered to the facility, get dumped in a corner somewhere and someone just forgets about them. Then a few days later someone goes, "Oh, look, there a few packages laying around back there, haha. Looks like rain tomorrow"

BTW, I still haven't received the package that shipped on the 15th. It's now in Teterboro, NJ (I'm in NYC).

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Jersey City is one other such place. Packages just linger there for days without reason. It's like they get delivered to the facility, get dumped in a corner somewhere and someone just forgets about them. Then a few days later someone goes, "Oh, look, there a few packages laying around back there, haha. Looks like rain tomorrow"

BTW, I still haven't received the package that shipped on the 15th. It's now in Teterboro, NJ (I'm in NYC).
I had a package go through that facility a couple of years ago. The seller, when I told them 2 weeks after it was shipped (and they were just a few dozen miles away) where tracking showed it was last seen, said "Not surprised. It's the black hole..." and refunded me. It *never* showed up.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Just got a shock-- the daily National Edition New York Times I got many a time lately that was once of a $3 cover price has increased to $4; I'll lay you 50-1 odds that they'll increase the Sunday one to $7 from $6, if they haven't already (if indeed that is, it'll have to be an occasional treat, maybe one Sunday out of a month).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks