What's new

What annoys you? (2 Viewers)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Not sure if I have posted this gripe before- my fellow truck drivers that litter. I just don’t get it- are they proud of being a slob?
We are only making it more difficult on us than need be- there are locations like Wal Mart, shopping centers, etc that don’t allow us to park any longer, due to trash and filled piss bottles deposited in their parking lot. Just baffles and angers me.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Agreed, though I've never understood any littering by anyone. There are literally trash cans everywhere you go: retail stores, gas stations, convenience stores, homes, workplaces, rest areas, along city streets, etc. What's so difficult about tossing your garbage in the trash at the next place you stop?

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Quite frankly, I'd rather that the aspect ratio be whatever the people making it choose it to be. I don't like the idea of everything having to form-fit into the same ratio.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
This crazy inflation. I just had to pay $4.35
(including tax) for a 7 pound bag of ice. I normally don’t pay a lot of attention to, or get upset over what stuff costs, but this is ridiculous.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Agreed, though I've never understood any littering by anyone. There are literally trash cans everywhere you go: retail stores, gas stations, convenience stores, homes, workplaces, rest areas, along city streets, etc. What's so difficult about tossing your garbage in the trash at the next place you stop?

True-- I make it a point to put trash in a pocket on me (coat, or jeans, or whatever I'm wearing), and then putting it in a can whenever I can. I was convinced thereto by seeing a commercial a long time ago where this boy (or teen) was seen throwing a candy bar wrapper on the road (forget exactly the substance); after that, albeit I'm not vocal about it, I have strong convictions about it that I try to follow as closely as possible.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just had to pay $4.35
(including tax) for a 7 pound bag of ice. I normally don’t pay a lot of attention to, or get upset over what stuff costs, but this is ridiculous.

That's a LOT! Prices for a bag of ice around me are still in the $2.50 -$3.00 range...but most places sell down-sized bags that are only five pounds.

One local convenience store chain however, Stewart's, still sells seven pound bags. They also still sell their own ice cream brand in full half-gallon sizes, too! :thumbs-up-smiley:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I can eat hard boiled eggs all day long. I also love fried eggs sunny side up and I dip my sausage, bacon, and toast in the runny yolk. It’s so damn delicious.
Been forever since I’ve been on 30 between Texarkana and Little Rock. I was surprised to see they increased the speed limit to 75 (70 for trucks). I also see that they are tearing the ass out of the road close to Benton 😡

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Been forever since I’ve been on 30 between Texarkana and Little Rock. I was surprised to see they increased the speed limit to 75 (70 for trucks). I also see that they are tearing the ass out of the road close to Benton 😡
Yep. It’s been that way for close to two years now and I have no idea when they’re gonna finish it.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I’m unloading near LR in the morning (I was told they’d take it today- wasn’t true), then going to Memphis. Is it clear on 40 now? I know they had that torn up for a while.
They should be tearing up 40 from around the Galloway exit for the next 30 miles or so east because ARDOT hired the lowest bidder the last time they repaved it and both directions look like someone set off IEDs between the lanes. When I came back from Memphis last Friday they had already planted the state tree (orange construction barrel) all the way out to between Carlisle and Hazen in both directions. Don’t know when they’re gonna actually start working on it though.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
They should be tearing up 40 from around the Galloway exit for the next 30 miles or so east because ARDOT hired the lowest bidder the last time they repaved it and both directions look like someone set off IEDs between the lanes. When I came back from Memphis last Friday they had already planted the state tree (orange construction barrel) all the way out to between Carlisle and Hazen in both directions. Don’t know when they’re gonna actually start working on it though.
That’s great- the state tree being the orange barrel. There’s a trucker’s saying-
“There are 2 seasons- Winter, and Construction”.

I’d bet money that 40 through Jackson Tennessee (between Memphis and Nashville) is still torn up- they’ve been working on that for several years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks