What's new

What annoys you? (2 Viewers)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I had a 4:00 doctors appointment. I arrived 30 minutes early, went to a nurse, showed her my OHIP card and registered. Then I waited over an hour. Finally I went up to the desk again. The nurse said “oh, the doctor has left for the day”! She also said that her records showed I had never shown up!

To say I was pissed off is an understatement. At least they paid for my parking. I was also modified by a call from the doctor later that night. He was perfuse in his apology about the mix up and basically gave me the appointment over the phone.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Zuke.png

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
My Acer Laptop has been in "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." mode for nearly four hours and counting! :unsure:
Hey Tony - Annoying for sure but do you have an acceptable backup? If so I would plan to replace the hard drive in that system as this sort of thing only gets worse with time. Laptop drives are relatively cheap and [somewhat] universal, assuming you don't have an Apple product.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Hey Tony - Annoying for sure but do you have an acceptable backup? If so I would plan to replace the hard drive in that system as this sort of thing only gets worse with time. Laptop drives are relatively cheap and [somewhat] universal, assuming you don't have an Apple product.
I'm afraid it's worse already, John. The hard drive is most likely toast, and my motherboard might be in bad shape, as well. It's the smaller alternative devices for the time being, I'm afraid.

CHEERS! :)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I'm afraid it's worse already, John. The hard drive is most likely toast, and my motherboard might be in bad shape, as well. It's the smaller alternative devices for the time being, I'm afraid.

Sorry to hear that, Tony.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Sorry to hear that, Tony.
I actually haven't totally given up. Either tomorrow or Tuesday, I plan to make some local inquiries regarding an inexpensive, used but suitable hard drive for my Laptop. As the HD removal is really easy on this, I might even ask whether it would be ok for me to pop it into my Laptop. It should hopefully only take a few seconds for me to know whether it will likely fix my problems by what appears (Or doesn't!) on my screen.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I don’t question their mission but I’m sick and tired of the St Jude Hospital ads on tv, in particular CNN. In an hour they’ll be on 4 times. Then there’s the use of the kids in the commercials, which borders on exploitation. One of the kids tries way to hard to be a professional pitchman.

They must have one helluva advertising budget. I love the 90’ buffer on my DTV DVR.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
Annoys me that such a sad situation (that little girl that was shot and killed in Houston) has taken such a nasty twist. Even more annoying that the "witnesses" get a full pass for their accusation, had it been the other way around, we'd see it plastered all over CNN and similar news outlets not to mention we'd have riots in the streets most likely. As it stand, it's a full on "meh" from the "news" folks.

May the little girl R.I.P.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I don’t question their mission but I’m sick and tired of the St Jude Hospital ads on tv, in particular CNN. In an hour they’ll be on 4 times. Then there’s the use of the kids in the commercials, which borders on exploitation. One of the kids tries way to hard to be a professional pitchman.

They must have one helluva advertising budget. I love the 90’ buffer on my DTV DVR.

You have a point here. I think I know the kid you're speaking of and he's been doing this way too long to be an actual current patient I'd think. I do donate to St. Jude but they are constantly calling us asking for more while I endure endless commercials [not free] on both radio and TV.

Last edited:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
The Direct TV and XFinity automatons I now see at every Wal-Mart, Costco etc. Even if you're already a customer you have to endure their initial approach should you dare venture into the TV section. Major kudos to Target for not allowing this in their stores.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
We had the DTV sales drones in a few of our Walmart's maybe 2+ or so years ago, but I haven't seen them since.

Where I live they're more likely to be there than actual Wal-Mart employees. I wear headphones when I'm in the area so I can keep it moving.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The Direct TV and XFinity automatons I now see at every Wal-Mart, Costco etc. Even if you're already a customer you have to endure their initial approach should you dare venture into the TV section. Major kudos to Target for not allowing this in their stores.

Why would Wal-Mart and Costco allow that, while Target doesn't?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks