What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
They're in SAMs Club here. I go down the isle, they approach, I say as I continue to walk "Whatever you're selling I'm not interested..." and keep going. My wife thinks it's rude of me - I think otherwise. One guy got to where he recognizes me and no longer bothers so I call it a win.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I’m lucky. We do a lot of shopping in the US, but all I have to do is sing out “Canadian” when those people approach.

When going through some department stores (remember those?) I used to sing out “allergic” when those cologne sprayers would approach.

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
So this thread's latest post has dropped, giving me the opportunity to be annoyed at the use of "dropped" as a synonym for "released" in regards to songs, books, movies, etc.. There are enough unpleasant things that drop that this sounds like something bad. (Although maybe it is sometimes!)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So this thread's latest post has dropped, giving me the opportunity to be annoyed at the use of "dropped" as a synonym for "released" in regards to songs, books, movies, etc.. There are enough unpleasant things that drop that this sounds like something bad. (Although maybe it is sometimes!)

source.gif

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Why would Wal-Mart and Costco allow that, while Target doesn't?

I think it's to distinguish themselves from Wal-Mart and the likes but if you visit a Target location you're likely to see a prominently posted sign at the entrance which [basically] states "Target firmly believes that our guests should enjoy a distraction-free shopping experience in our stores. If you feel harassed or bothered by a solicitor or petitioner outside a Target store, please alert a store team member."

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/Target-solicitation-policy

I applaud them for this and I should be doing more of my shopping there to show support.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I think the most we see is local scout groups of local school fundraisers selling popcorn or cookies at the front door. Doesn't really bother me and it helps the community.

I like Target but they have too little selection and are overpriced so I don't generally give them too much business.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I'm the opposite.

Target is more of the 7-11 of big box stores. Very little selection and overpriced.

I can usually get everything I need at WM. Plus now that it offers drive up pick up, it's even more handy!
I agree with you in point of fact and Wal-Mart has come a LONG way in terms of the overall shopping experience there. I just happen to hate this particular practice. I even asked Costco why they subjected their customers to the constant harassment of Direct TV robots and they tried to justify it as a service many customers found useful. At least Sam's and Wal-Mart are honest about their motives.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Singers who put a (somewhat "soft") "H" in front of leading vowels in a line.

I rarely hear this tune (it's not one I ever heard unless it came on the radio at someone's house) but have recently been indoctrinating my grandkids into 70s pop/rock. On the drive to school/work this morning we heard Eric Carmen's "All by Myself." Every time... *EVERY TIME* he sings the line "All by myself..." it comes out "hAll by myself..." Seriously?!!?!? I expect such nonsense from untrained singers (somewhere, someone told them that was the "secret" to easily singing leading vowels - but it's just poor training), but in a "hit" song with a supposedly "professional" singer where *every other word* is "All?!?!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks