What's new

What annoys you? (5 Viewers)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
That, save one, EVERY next door neighbor that we've had in the last 20 years have been complete ignorant assholes!

Honestly, who leaves DIRTY DIAPERS on their front lawn???? :angry::angry::angry::angry:

We've complained MANY times! Housing even did a yard check last week, and yet they STILL leave their disgusting shit (Pretty much literally, at this point!) a matter of inches from our own space!

Sadly, while I have much respect for the art of diplomacy, we are clearly dealing with a "YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!" scenario!

I can't wait to get out of this HELL HOLE!!!! :(

Stan

Senior HTF Member
My "moods" have settled down. :cool:

How about the fact that it's almost July and we still have potholes? We're a big city with some of the crappiest streets in the state. Huge tax bond thing a few years ago just for streets, but they apply it very slowly. I literally have to map my drives to avoid certain areas so I don't shatter my spine or destroy the suspension on my car.

You can be driving for several miles, smooth as glass, then you hit one of the "oops, we forgot" areas and it's like driving over railroad tracks.

In just one month over 100 claims were filed for substantial damage, one, may two were paid. Then the rest "were dismissed because the firm determined city crews worked at a reasonable pace to repair reported potholes". Nice excuse for the guy who drove over things and all four tires popped.

Maybe time to buy some super sporty Jeep with tough suspension to get around.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Me again :P

LCD screens. Laptop is somewhat usable this morning. Three big black blobs and spider webs all over the screen.

Worked with computers for 25+ years, I know how to treat them, only seen this once before. Didn't drop it, didn't close the screen with a pebble or something inside, but now the screen is permanently damaged. Have no idea why, less than two years old.

Guess I start over with a new one.

Never liked this laptop anyway, touchpad is about an inch off center, drives me crazy, so good time to die :eek:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I hate laptops! I can't stand the tiny keyboard or that square patch that is supposed to be a mouse.
That's why I mostly use a separate wireless keyboard and mouse. What I do find annoying is a couple of the number keys on my Laptop don't work. While I can get around that with the alternate number pad keys, it really sucks when I have to pull out my wireless keyboard because I need to use the ( key, which doesn't work on my Laptop! :blink:

CHEERS! :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I hate laptops! I can't stand the tiny keyboard or that square patch that is supposed to be a mouse.
Still have my old Windows 98 PC desktop anchor with a 20" CRT monitor. Might be time to bring it back to life and revert back to the older, more stable systems. :cool:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Still have my old Windows 98 PC desktop anchor with a 20" CRT monitor. Might be time to bring it back to life and revert back to the older, more stable systems. :cool:
Annoyed as I sometimes get with the more current setups, I would never want to back pedal that far. From what I have read, I suspect that Windows 7 would have been an ideal fit for me. Unfortunately, by the time we were able to upgrade from XP in the late summer of 2013, nearly all of the new PCs came loaded with Windows 8, and the only ones still with Windows 7 were outside our budget level.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I keep it mainly for some very "old style" games. Zork, Half-Life etc. Haven't even tried plugging in the ethernet cable in years, afraid it would destroy it with updates, so I keep it off-line :P

Gathers a lot of dust, but it's got a floppy drive ;)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We just bought a new HP all in one type desk top. It too came with a small keyboard and mouse. I have very large hands. Thank goodness for a Logitech keyboard and mouse replacement. We love the computer now.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse with our ignorant next door neighbors, the stupid bitch said something that really made my blood boil!

When I asked her to stop leaving their trash outside their front door, she had the bloody cheek to accuse us of having seen us throwing our garbage into their backyard. and that Housing told her they were allowed to leave their garbage out in the open, which I happen to know IS a load of Bullshit! To be clear, I'm talking about non-contained garbage bags that are sometimes ripped open and left to sit for days, sometimes even weeks at a time!

Right now, her stupid baseless accusation is what really pisses me off, especially as I know she has friends who I suspect might be willing to back up her story, should she decide to be a royal bitch about it!

Below are just two examples of the garbage that we've had to put up with since February! The walkway right near the trash is shared, of which their recent use of as a hopscotch play area (Come on, it's a narrow SHARED walkway for pity sake, is my opinion!), I had another issue with, which from what others have told me, might be within their rights. Either way, in my opinion, it would have been nice to have been asked first, although they obviously are NOT considerate neighbors, by ANY stretch!

IMG033.jpg
IMG059.jpg

Suffice it to say that I'm way beyond fed up with this!

Last edited:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Wow Tony, that is awful. Can't you report them to the police? Probably kind of low on their list, but they might help. Neighbors left a broken down car in front of my house for months, but finally got slapped with a very hefty ticket and it was towed.

They're actually very nice, I never reported them. They've helped with minor car repairs and mowing my lawn since I broke my foot, so I don't complain.

But the city does monitor things, and will ticket people if they come across vehicles that appear abandoned. A few years ago, had a second car I didn't use, parked it on the street. Big yellow 8x10" notice on the windshield to move it or else....

Thankfully not garbage sacks or the trash you have to deal with. Amazing how disgusting people can be.

To steal a quote from "Arthur", many years ago. "Thank you for a memorable afternoon, usually one must go to a bowling alley to meet a woman of your stature". Somewhat fits your situation.

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Wow Tony, that is awful. Can't you report them to the police? Probably kind of low on their list, but they might help. Neighbors left a broken down car in front of my house for months, but finally got slapped with a very hefty ticket and it was towed.

They're actually very nice, I never reported them. They've helped with minor car repairs and mowing my lawn since I broke my foot, so I don't complain.

But the city does monitor things, and will ticket people if they come across vehicles that appear abandoned. A few years ago, had a second car I didn't use, parked it on the street. Big yellow 8x10" notice on the windshield to move it or else....

Thankfully not garbage sacks or the trash you have to deal with. Amazing how disgusting people can be.

To steal a quote from "Arthur", many years ago. "Thank you for a memorable afternoon, usually one must go to a bowling alley to meet a woman of your stature". Somewhat fits your situation.
It likely wouldn't do any good. Truth be told, I was hoping that our repeated complaints to the Housing Authority would get their sorry asses kicked out, but their just getting a slap on the wrist by them, at worst, it seems. For all I know, she may have already complained to them about our supposedly tossing garbage into their backyard (Complete total fucking bullshit!), and that's why Housing has chosen to not do anything more than conduct general front and backyard inspections (Yeah, real effective - NOT!), which are probably not making us any more popular with the other neighbors, either! All in all, it just plain sucks, and I feel totally helpless, but so it goes! :(

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I had the neighbor from hell quite a few years ago

-Every Sunday was "rock n roll day" as I used to call it. Classic rock blaring in my windows from 8am until 5in the afternoon on average.
Complaints were made, nothing was resolved.

-he sawed a massive tree branch almost all the way through, got tired I guess, and tied a big rope from the limb to his quad runner. Branch fell down right on his roof puncturing, and damaging it.

-asked me repeatedly to cut his grass using his mower "you young people have a lot more energy than us old timers" (I was 27, he was 49). I might have helped him out if I wasn't working 60 hours a week, and he being unemployed at the time.

- he had loud parties any old time including weekdays

-he blew up his house huffing propane while smoking a joint. He, and his kids got out ok but by the time I heard the explosion(blew the windows out and shook my house Something fierce-scary) his house was engulfed in flames. It made CNN national news, and even Andy Rooney spoke about it on 60 Minutes.

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I had the neighbor from hell quite a few years ago

-Every Sunday was "rock n roll day" as I used to call it. Classic rock blaring in my windows from 8am until 5in the afternoon on average.
Complaints were made, nothing was resolved.

-he sawed a massive tree branch almost all the way through, got tired I guess, and tied a big rope from the limb to his quad runner. Branch fell down right on his roof puncturing, and damaging it.

-asked me repeatedly to cut his grass using his mower "you young people have a lot more energy than us old timers" (I was 27, he was 49). I might have helped him out if I wasn't working 60 hours a week, and he being unemployed at the time.

- he had loud parties any old time including weekdays

-he blew up his house huffing propane while smoking a joint. He, and his kids got out ok but by the time I heard the explosion(blew the windows out and shook my house Something fierce-scary) his house was engulfed in flames. It made CNN national news, and even Andy Rooney spoke about it on 60 Minutes.
I feel bad for the kids, but in my opinion, karma bit your former neighbor in the ass good and hard! I would have loved to have heard the late Andy Rooney's comments on that story. He always came across as a very no nonsense, cut through the crap type of person, and I always respected that!

I wish some of that karma would hurry up in our favor, as next door has been a revolving door for one shitty neighbor after another since 2008! We also had a couple of real shitty ones in the late '90s - early 00s. Literally the type that will bang on your door until you answer and then give you a royal bitch fest because you dared to complain about them! We just can't seem to catch a break! It's to the point that every time one of them moves, my wife begs Housing to try and give us half decent neighbors, but they say there's nothing they can really do! That said, I swear to god they couldn't give us shittier ones if they bloody well tried! Just imagine the frustration of being forever subjected to this bullshit and be told we are one the best tenants in the entire complex! OK, then why don't you actually DO SOMETHING when we have justifiable complaints? And by something, I don't mean simply subject EVERYONE ELSE to inspections, and let the offending tenants otherwise go unreprimanded! I'm sick to the back teeth of dealing with lowlifes who won't listen to reason, and probably don't even know the meaning of that word!

Sorry for my seemingly endless ranting about the above, but it's got so that I can't even vent about it in our own home anymore without it upsetting the other occupants, so to speak! I simply have to let it out somewhere.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Had two women living behind me, very nice people. The mother of one of them passed away, so they moved to her property several years ago, rented out the house.

Met the woman who rented the house, warned her about the fence in the back alley. Six feet tall and had a lattice kind of extension on it for privacy and some kind of ivy growing on it. Told her to be careful, it had gotten very top heavy in the past. She ignored me and most of the fence collapsed last year due to the weight of the ivy.

Very expensive mistake, all she had to do was some pruning, but she learned her lesson. Never knew who actually paid for the clean up, the alley was blocked for several weeks, I couldn't use my garage.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse with our ignorant next door neighbors, the stupid bitch said something that really made my blood boil!

When I asked her to stop leaving their trash outside their front door, she had the bloody cheek to accuse us of having seen us throwing our garbage into their backyard. and that Housing told her they were allowed to leave their garbage out in the open, which I happen to know IS a load of Bullshit! To be clear, I'm talking about non-contained garbage bags that are sometimes ripped open and left to sit for days, sometimes even weeks at a time!

Right now, her stupid baseless accusation is what really pisses me off, especially as I know she has friends who I suspect might be willing to back up her story, should she decide to be a royal bitch about it!

Below are just two examples of the garbage that we've had to put up with since February! The walkway right near the trash is shared, of which their recent use of as a hopscotch play area (Come on, it's a narrow SHARED walkway for pity sake, is my opinion!), I had another issue with, which from what others have told me, might be within their rights. Either way, in my opinion, it would have been nice to have been asked first, although they obviously are NOT considerate neighbors, by ANY stretch!

I'll say! That's some rotten garbage there.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
We just bought a new HP all in one type desk top. It too came with a small keyboard and mouse. I have very large hands. Thank goodness for a Logitech keyboard and mouse replacement. We love the computer now.

Neighbor has a small laptop and I do some tech support for her. I'd swear it was designed for a six year old child, tiniest little keyboard I've ever come across, drives me crazy.

My favorite keyboard is this thing from the '90s, but it's got the big five pin connector, not USB. New laptop has shipped, should arrive soon. My LCD screen broke, not worth the effort to repair. Never liked it, the touchpad is off center and although you'd think your fingers would adjust, they never have, it's just poorly designed, incredibly annoying.

Hope the new one is easier to use, kind of a rush decision, didn't do much research. A Dell Inspiron, but a brand I've always trusted.

I miss my HP with a backlit keyboard, but they're hard to find. It died a sudden, catastrophic death, hard drive just croaked without warning and I replaced it with this piece of s**t Toshiba, which is a brand I now boycott for life. Piss me off and you're banned forever :laugh:

Stan

Senior HTF Member

When I asked her to stop leaving their trash outside their front door, she had the bloody cheek to accuse us of having seen us throwing our garbage into their backyard.h!

Posting way to much, but here's another one.

We had a huge windstorm a few years ago, the local pine trees dropped loads of needles, which most decent people raked up and disposed of.

One neighbor cleaned up his driveway, raking everything into the alley. It was literally two feet deep, impossible to drive through. He didn't care, his driveway was clear. For those of us who used the alley, not so good.

Maybe a bit childish, but the guy's a jerk, so I raked up all the needles and tossed them back into his driveway. He got the message.

The guy is so strange. I know all my neighbors, we're all friends and treat each other with respect and help each other. Nobody knows this guy, he's like a hermit, doesn't talk to anyone. Don't even know if he has friends, never has a BBQ or people visiting, just hibernates in his house, very weird. For almost ten years he never mowed or watered his lawn, just huge waist high weeds. Rumor is that he finally received some kind of disability settlement, pretended not to be able to work for years so he could pull off his scam.

Remodeled his house, new sprinkler system and sod put in. Brand new truck and fishing boat, so hardly disabled.

Maybe that's how psycho serial killers start out :cool:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The guy is so strange. I know all my neighbors, we're all friends and treat each other with respect and help each other. Nobody knows this guy, he's like a hermit, doesn't talk to anyone. Don't even know if he has friends, never has a BBQ or people visiting, just hibernates in his house, very weird.
Some people just don't like interacting with other people. Most of this would describe me, too. I find face-to-face social interactions exhausting and anxiety-inducing, and seek to avoid them as much as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks