What's new

What annoys you? (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Some people just don't like interacting with other people. Most of this would describe me, too. I find face-to-face social interactions exhausting and anxiety-inducing, and seek to avoid them as much as possible.

I'm also very private, but I am social and interact with the neighbors.This man is just bizarre, only person in the neighborhood that nobody knows, rarely ever even seen. But he keeps to himself, doesn't bother anyone, no loud parties or anything like that, so not bad.

Unlike the millennial renters two houses away. Probably 7-8 20 somethings sharing a house, with all their vehicles parked in front of our houses. Everybody else owns their home, these are the only renters. They're very nice, but still in that learning period about how to get along with others. One of them is a woman with that screechy type of voice that you can hear blocks away, and three pit bulls who bark non-stop. Forces me to hibernate with the windows closed :lol:

Long distance owner. Lives in California and wanted an obscene amount to sell the home. This is Spokane, not Seattle, he'll never get the price he wants, so keeps renting it out to an endless parade of people.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I'm also very private, but I am social and interact with the neighbors.This man is just bizarre, only person in the neighborhood that nobody knows, rarely ever even seen. But he keeps to himself, doesn't bother anyone, no loud parties or anything like that, so not bad.

Unlike the millennial renters two houses away. Probably 7-8 20 somethings sharing a house, with all their vehicles parked in front of our houses. Everybody else owns their home, these are the only renters. They're very nice, but still in that learning period about how to get along with others. One of them is a woman with that screechy type of voice that you can hear blocks away, and three pit bulls who bark non-stop. Forces me to hibernate with the windows closed :lol:

Long distance owner. Lives in California and wanted an obscene amount to sell the home. This is Spokane, not Seattle, he'll never get the price he wants, so keeps renting it out to an endless parade of people.
Unfortunately for us, our resident loudmouth is only feet away from our ears! :lol:

The harsh fact is, nothing is liable to change for the better at our present address. Most of the changes that have occurred in our complex over the past couple of decades have made our lives here less tolerable, not more so. Thankfully, we won't have to tolerate it much longer. September/October is our current departure target. :)

CHEERS! :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately for us, our resident loudmouth is only feet away from our ears! :lol:

The harsh fact is, nothing is liable to change for the better at our present address. Most of the changes that have occurred in our complex over the past couple of decades have made our lives here less tolerable, not more so. Thankfully, we won't have to tolerate it much longer. September/October is our current departure target. :)

CHEERS! :)

I'd recommend trying to get into a house. I've had mine for about 20 years. I miss having a landlord to fix things, but the peace and quiet, staying up watching movies at 4 a.m. not having to worrying about bothering the neighbors, running my dishwasher or doing laundry whenever I feel like it, no sounds from the neighbors' apartment, etc. more than make up for it.

Even had a neighbor who made Kimchi, and OMG does that stuff reek as it ferments. The final result is pretty good, but getting there is awful.

My final apartment had a problem, probably due to crappy construction. The neighbor below would light a fire and not all the smoke went up the chimney, some of it leaked into my place. Weird coincidence, but the last day just before I moved, the dishwasher and garbage disposal both broke down. Probably a good omen to get out :wacko:

Still have friends in the complex, 400+ units, all of them four-plexes, and they're paying $250 a month more than my house payment. Guess I bought at a good time and I'm building equity, six more years and it's mine, renters just keep on renting.

CherylJosie

Auditioning
Real Name
Cheryl
I take this kind of decal as a parody of those "child on board" decals. Those child decals kinda irritated me as I took them as demanding preferential treatment for that vehicle.

I always thought that those 'Baby On Board' decals for working parents with infant car seats below window height are to help them safely drive their newborns to and from day care without being harassed by blasting horns and middle fingers, or being smeared with false reports to the motor vehicles department, or even being forced out of the carpool lane by self-appointed citizen cops, but then what would I know? I just want preferential treatment.:huh:

My pet peeve is aggressive drivers who make up for their habitual tardiness with habitually reckless caffeinated driving during rush hour, particularly when also DUI from disingenuous political framing around basic safety issues.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Most people get peeved about stupid things. Why not just sit back and enjoy life as is gets shorter with each passing day. No use complaining if you can't do anything about it. Think about all the refugees and what they are going through. You are so lucky to be living in a free country so enjoy it and stop complaining about stupid things.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
particularly when also DUI from disingenuous political framing around basic safety issues.

I don't even begin to understand this...

Most people get peeved about stupid things.

And that's really the only reason anyone is spending any time in this thread. I'm not sure anyone is taking things too seriously in here.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Annoying.

Reading local story about 2 people killed outside of a baseball game that had many young kids attending. Of course all folks in the area scatter like roaches the second it all happens and won't talk to the cops.

On a bright note, the idiots who left also left their cars behind so police chief put out a message basically saying "You won't talk, well guess what, we're keeping you cars. If you come and talk about what you may have seen at the shooting site, we will work to give your cars back" Good on the chief for doing it. These "no snitch" idiots just boggle my mind. They want peace, but God forbid they do anything to HELP the community attain some peace.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
The godawful, execrable stuff that passes for much of today's popular music. At the Subway near my work, they play nothing but endlessly repetitive, monotonous, nearly melody free stuff with "singers" that are all heavily synthesized. The rappers, of course, don't even bother to pretend to sing, congratulating themselves on their "creativity" as a preprogrammed rhythm drones on.... and on....

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
The godawful, execrable stuff that passes for much of today's popular music. At the Subway near my work, they play nothing but endlessly repetitive, monotonous, nearly melody free stuff with "singers" that are all heavily synthesized. The rappers, of course, don't even bother to pretend to sing, congratulating themselves on their "creativity" as a preprogrammed rhythm drones on.... and on....

Get off my lawn, you whippersnappers!! ;)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think the majority of stuff that you'd hear on the radio falls into those categories. However, there's still lots of good music being made but it doesn't get much or any mainstream exposure.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I hate going to a busy restaurant where you have hundreds of people talking very loudly and you have to shout across the table to be heard. Suddenly you realize there is music playing over the PA system, that absolutely no one is listening to or wants to hear at all. Who says "let's go to Appleby's, I love the music!". This coupled with the fad of open ceilings and no acoustic tiles are restaurant killers for me.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
At the Subway near my work

I have to chime in :cool: I despise Subway. When they measure their ingredients down the milligram, I'm done. We've got local sandwich shops, decades old, that just make a nice sandwich with real fresh-baked bread, not whatever that stuff Subway uses.

They don't use pre-sliced ingredients from a factory and then adjust it because it's 1/10th of an ounce over. Simple mom & pop operations, that care about their customers. That's why we keep supporting them.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I have to chime in :cool: I despise Subway. When they measure their ingredients down the milligram, I'm done. We've got local sandwich shops, decades old, that just make a nice sandwich with real fresh-baked bread, not whatever that stuff Subway uses.

They don't use pre-sliced ingredients from a factory and then adjust it because it's 1/10th of an ounce over. Simple mom & pop operations, that care about their customers. That's why we keep supporting them.

If only there were such a shop near my work. When I'm home, I never go to Subway. I go to the local Albertson's, where I buy fresh baked bread and get sliced meat from their deli. I get a LOT more meat and fresher bread at a LOWER price.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

Or Publix deli is very good about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks