What's new

What’s the very first video game you EVER played? (arcade included) (1 Viewer)

Sev_Erouston

Agent
Obviously, a lot of the older gamers will say Pong, but it’s fun to put things into perspective and see which games were “firsts” for gamers across the board.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Cant remember for the life of me if it was space invaders or asteroids. Probably could havebought the machine for as much as i spent on playing them.:D

Terry Watkins

Auditioning
I can't remember which game I played first, but I remember that the Intelivision (SP?) was the first one bought for me and I LOVED it. Had really great games and wish I still had one that worked.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Very first one would be Pong....my dad got us a kit, toiled over it for a few days then we were hitting our trusty B&W TV for hours on end.......How's that for an aging gamer?

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
I can't remember the name but it was a vertically scrolling racing game for Intellivision, followed by Beauty & the Beast, a Donkey Kong clone for the same system.

EdR

Second Unit
My uncle had a coin-op Pong game in his house for a while right after it came out (he worked at a movie theater). That was the first video game I played.

The first game I played in an arcade was Space Wars, which was a great vector graphics game with customizable settings like gravity, inertia, etc.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I really have no idea but it was probably Duckhunt or one of the early EA basketball games for NES.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
It was either Mario Bros. or Duck Hunt for the NES, probably the former - they came on one cartridge with the system.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I still have my Super Mario Bros./Track and Field/Duck Hunt multi-cart for NES. The lightgun is upstairs with the NES, but I dunno where the track and field running pad is. I should find that...

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
It's so far back in my past that I can barely remember, but I'm going to presume it was the first game we had for our very first console, the brilliant Intellivision system.
Which would mean it was Astrosmash. My bro was a fiend at this game.
For those of you who like the history, the Intellivision Lives! website has a great history of the development of a number of games and is well worth a read. The story of the creation of an in-house X-rated version of Astrosmash is hilarious...

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
It's so far back in my past that I can barely remember, but I'm going to presume it was the first game we had for our very first console, the brilliant Intellivision system.
Same here. I also recall playing Ms. Pac Man a lot in the arcade.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Probably some 2600 game, Missile Command, Defender, Pole Position, Pitfall and others I remember playing when I was about 4 or 5 but I have no idea what my first game was. My mom bought me some Sesame Street Atari games too but I honestly can't remember if those were the first games I played or not.

JayV

Supporting Actor
My first was the Magnavox Odyssey system. You hooked it up to RF (going through a UHF/VHF converter!), and then selected one of eight (?) games on a slide toggle.

All were variations on Pong.

-j

Mark_Arelius

Auditioning
First was pong on a B&W, first arcade I remember liking was "Missle Command" ( I think thats what it was called with the big ball you moved the line and fired missles under the missles coming down) I remember a game called "Tempest" eating a crapload of my quarters in High School, another was "Asteroids"

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Pong at home on the nice looking wood grain console with the swivel controller knobs. Then Pole Position, SMB/Duck hunt on the NES, then back to the 2600 for some Pitfall.

What really did it for me though was Final Fight at the arcade. That was just pure fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks