What's new

What’s left that I’d like on physical media (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
The unreleased US shows that I would like to see released are-
1. The Defenders seasons 2 -4
2. The Muppet Show seasons 4 -6
3. Cowboy in Africa
4. He and She
5. The Debbie Reynolds Show
6. The Paul Lynde Show
7. My World and Welcome to it.
8. It's the Wolf
9. Nanny and the Professor
10. Love American Style seasons 2 onwards
11. Ben Casey seasons 2 onwards
12. Mr. Novak season 2
13. Lassie - Jeff's Collie
14. Run for Your Life
15. 77 Sunset Strip

See there's plenty of stuff to be released. I would have added The Farmer's Daughter, Manhunter, Dirty Sally, Love on the Rooftop, Captain Nice, Mr. Terrific, Twelve O' Clock High, Garrison's Gorilla, etc.

The sixties--seventies was a golden age for television.

James

Robert McNay

Agent
Real Name
Robert
The Green Hornet
Doctor, Doctor (post Max Headroom series for Matt Frewer)
Dragnet (revival with Ed O'Neill as Friday)
Marblehead Manor (Linda Thorson of The Avenger and Michael Richards pre-Kramer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
it keeps the site in question from tracking you. This way, they can only gather information about you from your activity on their site.

That's what I wanted to know-- that was a new word to me, and I was wondering in what context it was used.

Faber

Agent
Real Name
Josh
That's what I wanted to know-- that was a new word to me, and I was wondering in what context it was used.
They're just one type of plugin that you can use to keep you safe online. I'm also a fan of Privacy Badger, HTTPS Everywhere, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials, and Adblock Plus. I like the concept of LibreJS, but it makes web browsing pretty much impossible because many sites depend on Javascript which is either proprietary or obfuscated.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
The privacy.firstparty.isolate option set to true in about:config in Firefox, will do something similar.

Faber

Agent
Real Name
Josh
The privacy.firstparty.isolate option set to true in about:config in Firefox, will do something similar.
Thanks! I guess I can uninstall my containerization extensions now. One thing though, there are a few options like that. Should I just set that one to true or all of them?

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Thanks! I guess I can uninstall my containerization extensions now. One thing though, there are a few options like that. Should I just set that one to true or all of them?

I haven't tried them all yet. The master killswitch appears to be privacy.firstparty.isolate

(Offhand I don't know what the specific functions are of the other options in the privacy.firstparty.* hierarchy).

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
You will have to do more googling and research, if you want to know what the exact functions / behavior are of the other firstparty options in Firefox.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Have you tried directly asking VEI or Kino if they would be willing to do a St. Elsewhere complete series dvd (or bluray) set?

Unfortunately, MTM now swears fealty to the Mouse Emperor. There's no telling when, or even if, there's any chance for any Fox or MTM properties on disc.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Please, this isn’t about Disney being an evil corporate overload. The MTM shows sold poorly for Fox on physical media, and the lack of demand stalled them out long before Disney ever thought about buying Fox. And whether or not it’s fair, Disney didn’t buy Fox to put out releases that were money losers for Fox.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I wasn't trying to paint Disney as an "evil corporate overlord". The fact is that Fox itself was putting less and less effort into releasing TV on DVD (and even less for BD) pre-Disney. And it wasn't just the MTM shows. But at least they were willing to license out some titles to Shout Factory (L.A. Law and Hill Street Blues, to name two).

Disney themselves haven't been doing a lot of physical media releases themselves (Marvel TV shows on disc evaporated, and those stood a good chance of selling, if anything did). And that includes their film catalog, as well. So, yes, they aren't responsible for this situation, but they're not making it any better.

Regardless of what their reasons are for moving away from physical media, good or bad, the fact remains that they are doing so. All I was trying to say is that the probability of any future discs releases for MTM (or Fox proper) shows is approaching zero.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I agree completely with that. I hope with storage space being exceedingly cheap that it’ll become a no brainer to offer these shows on the digital platforms they already run.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
For Region1, these are all long shots at best but here goes....

The Defenders Seasons 2 through 4

East Side/West Side (all 26 episodes)

'Way Out (all 14 episodes)

The Nurses aka The Doctors and the Nurses for seasons 2 and 3 (all three seasons)

Bus Stop (26 total episodes)

Cliffhangers! (11 total episodes)

Amazing Stories (Season 2)

Alfred Hitchcock Presents (Season 7)

The Alfred Hitchcock Hour (Seasons 1 through 3)

Burke's Law aka Amos Burke Secret Agent for season 3 (Seasons 2 and 3)

The Adventures of the Scarlet Pimpernel (all 18 episodes)

Various series from the Disneyland anthology show (in its various incarnations):

• The Tales of Texas John Slaughter (the complete series of 17 episodes; starring Tom Tryon)
  • Daniel Boone (the complete series of 4 episodes; starring Dewey Martin)
  • The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca (the complete series of 10 episodes (3 episodes were released on Walt Disney Treasures: Legendary Heroes); starring Robert Loggia)
  • The Swamp Fox (the complete series of 8 episodes (3 episodes were released on Walt Disney Treasures: Legendary Heroes); starring Leslie Nielsen)
  • The Saga of Andy Burnett (the complete series of 6 episodes; starring Jerome Courtland)
  • The New Adventures of Davy Crockett (the complete series of 5 episodes; starring Tim Dunigan)
  • The Prince and the Pauper (the three 50-minute television episodes from the Disneyland TV show titled The Pauper King, The Merciful Law of the King, and Long Live the Rightful King and the 93-minute theatrical release)
  • Gallegher (3 episodes; starring Roger Mobley); The Further Adventures of Gallegher (3 episodes); Gallegher Goes West (4 episodes); and The Mystery of Edward Sims (2 episodes)
  • Willie and the Yank (Mosby’s Marauders) (three 50-minute television episodes from the Walt Disney’s Wonderful World of Color TV show titled The Deserter, The Mosby Raiders, and The Matchmaker that aired in January 1967 and the 80-minute theatrical version titled Mosby’s Marauders that was released in Europe in May 1967)
  • Zorro and Son (the complete series of 5 episodes; starring Henry Darrow as Don Diego de la Vega/Zorro, Sr. and Paul Regina as Don Carlos de la Vega/Zorro, Jr.)
Alfred Hitchcock Season 6 should be out again for those who didn't have a chance to buy it before. I don't know why it went out of print while Seasons 1-5 are still available.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Alfred Hitchcock Season 6 should be out again for those who didn't have a chance to buy it before. I don't know why it went out of print while Seasons 1-5 are still available.

Timothy:

I'm not sure why Season 6 went out of print. It was originally a MOD DVD-R release from Universal which they then quietly switched to pressed disc release.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Please, this isn’t about Disney being an evil corporate overload. The MTM shows sold poorly for Fox on physical media, and the lack of demand stalled them out long before Disney ever thought about buying Fox. And whether or not it’s fair, Disney didn’t buy Fox to put out releases that were money losers for Fox.
Probably true. I guess I have only one choice left, and not having wired broadband (just Verizon Wireless), we all know what that choice is.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I'm not sure why Season 6 went out of print. It was originally a MOD DVD-R release from Universal which they then quietly switched to pressed disc release.

And, of course, this happens just after I pulled the trigger to order S6 & S7 & AHH Complete Series from the UK.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks