What's new

Wharf Diamonds and Yamaha 630 combo (1 Viewer)

Karl_C

Grip
Will this combo sound too "bright"? Are diamonds considered as "bright sounding speakers"? I auditioned the diamonds but the store did not have a yamaha so they used NAD. Sounded flawless.

sheldon M.

Stunt Coordinator
I have a full Diamond setup-8.3's mains,Diamond center and 8.1's rear. My receiver is a Yamaha rx793. There is no brightness whatsoever-just clean clear natural sound. I don't think brightness is a worry with the Diamonds thanks in part to their great silk dome tweeters. Diamonds are great speakers especially at their price point.

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
Wharfedale Diamonds are one the best values out there and are simply outstanding at their price point. Kudos to you for giving them an audition.

I auditioned the Diamonds twice on a NAD T752 and they sounded terrific. I don't find them to be bright at all; rather I found them to fairly neutral. Probably the only negative characteristic I discovered was with the reproductin of vocals....there is a very faint hiss that I was able to hear on S's and other slight 'background hiss' on vocals. The background hiss on vocals is very subtle and, in fact, I never noticed it until I A/B'd the Diamonds side by side with the Pacific Evolutions. (the Evo's use a better tweeter and have a slightly warmer sound to them).

My advice to you is to call the dealer and ask them if they would let you bring in your own receiver for an audition. The dealer should be more than willing to comply because, afterall, it might generate a sale for them.

My second suggestion is to, providing the dealer agrees to let you bring in your Yammy, pre-arrange for the dealer to have an A/B session ready with the Diamonds and Evo's. However, if the Evo's are above your target budget, it might not be a good idea becuase you just might end up desiring to spend more for the EVO's :)

Karl_C

Grip
Thanks guys. I'll pass on the Evos Mike. Way beyond the budget. Thanks again for the inputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks