What's new

Welp....That's It for My TV (1 Viewer)

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator
We have 27" Magnavox TV in the den that is about 7 years old..or more....and it took a dive last night. :angry: Sitting there flipping thru the channels, the screen starts to flicker and then starts cracking and popping like crazy. (Scared the heck out of me). So, it is time to go shopping for a new display. Unfortunately we are limited to 27" based on the EC. Will be swinging thru Best Buy this afternoon to see what they have and check out the Sony KV-27FS100 Wega, which I am very keen on.

Anyone have any thoughts on any other flat screens that are of good quality? Was thinking of the Toshiba 27AF43 as a contender too.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
I have the 32AF43 and it has a pinkish hue in the black LBX area, and it never truly goes "Black" in a dark room. Check for that.

Otherwise it's a great display, especially after playing with geometry a bit.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Or move the EC, fill it with DVD Changers, DVD's, and your Receiver and go flat panel on the wall! :D

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator
I wish I had the cash. I certainly would do that. But I can not justify that right now. Although, we may go bigger. I need to talk with "the boss" about that and see what she says. Will take her for a stroll thru Best Buy with me this time to see what she says. :D

As of now we are considering the Sony KV-27FS100 or 210. They fit, but I am not sure the EC will hold them without some modification. So that might be my selling point there!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks