What's new

Setup Help - Norh 4.0 Marbles & Denon 3300 (1 Viewer)

Bryan Eiselt

Auditioning
Welp my set of 5 4.0 marbles are on the way and I would appreciate suggestions on the best course for setting them up with my AVR-3300 (no subwoofer as of yet).
JIC the digital transport will be a PS2 (I know, I know but can your Toshiba, Panasonic, JVC, Camelot, Pioneer etc run Gran Turismo 3??? That's what I thought ;-) The video reproduction will be handled by a somewhat mediocre, yet dependable, run of the mill Sony 27". The two are connected via a RS 6' toslink cable. Finally the 3300 and 4.0's will be mated with 12 ga., home depot speaker cable and RS solderless banana plugs (what does the "60C" stand for anyway... I hope it's not 60% copper).
Anywho, given the limited capabilities of the TV I am most interested in recommendations for the audio setup (pardon the reiteration). I anticipate at least using "Avia" and/or "VE" but am uncertain as to existence and or quality of other guides. And yes I already own a RS analog SPL.
Many advance extensions of gratitude to any and all who choose to reply,
Bryan Eiselt

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
1) Set subwoofer to "off" or "no". This renders the "large" vs "small" setting irrelevent.
2) Just balance the 5 outputs with the SPL meter in the prime listening position using the disc or the internal noise tones.
3) Start saving for the sub which you will badly need.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks