What's new

Welcome me to the online Battlefield 1942 club! (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I have been deciding which should be my first pc game and after reading all the great things about 1942 Battlefield online I decided to pick it up. I have never played online before and read a previous thread about some of the problems of online gaming (sore losers, pausing the game etc.).
If any of you are still playing this online let me know when. I haven't installed it yet but will be doing so soon. My msn messenger is: [email protected]

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
I play BF1942 a LOT.
You really need a good PC to run it well though. At least on the highest settings. I have a monster Athlon XP computer, and I had to upgrade to 512MB of RAM for it to run smoothly at the highest detail levels.
You can look for me (I usually play Conquest, on the Official EA servers), my name is RuFfNeCk.
If you end up not liking the in-game server browser, I recommend using the All Seeing Eye (http://www.udpsoft.com). It's a great server program, works with UT2K3, BF1942 and a bunch of other games. It also offers a cool "buddy list" where you can add people you play with.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I also play BF1942 alot. My name is Lynxfx and I'm usually playing Conquest on whatever server gives me the best ping so it varies.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I'll try to find. Do you recomend hooking up a mic and that voicechat program?

And also, has there been any patches released yet?

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
There has been a 1.1 Retail patch, yeah. You can get it from the Official site.
Link Removed
I don't do much voice chat, and on public BF1942 servers voice chat is totally non-existant. They have a a variety of hotkeys in-game that should suffice with communications for now.
There should be a new patch coming soon that fixes some problems as well.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I just played a quick online game. Using gamespy my handle is HTF kitlope.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
What did you think?

I like the game, but only when there's teamwork going on. Too many people going "solo" in BF1942 ruin the game for me.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I've been playing it a ton also. I'm actually getting quite good, I get around 15-25 kills on most maps. I mostly play on servers running Omaha Beach, love that map. My handle is rockbombz.

Too many people going "solo" in BF1942 ruin the game for me.
Agreed! About 3 guys working together can dominate if the other team goes solo, which is usually the case.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
I would heartily recommend NOT using Gamespy Arcade. IMO it is a bloated piece of software, ripe with advertising and not at all worth what they charge ro register it.
The All Seeing Eye is what Gamespy USED to be, much more streamlined and without advertisements.
It works with a TON of games, including the most popular ones and I believe every game that Gamespy supports. It's updated very frequently as well.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Chris I will keep that in mind.

What do I think of the game? For one I need serious flying lessons. Can't keep them in the air very well. I have to say that this is definetly worth it for the multi player. An absolute riot! If anybody wants to play over the weekend (and show me a few ropes) please do!

Now, back to figuring out these planes...

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Michael,
What I've heard is that people who like to fly the planes in BF1942 have all got joysticks/pads. Apparently it makes it much easier to fly than with the keyboard.
I don't like flying, or driving. I'm a run and gun kinda soldier. :)

Dave Sabo

Stunt Coordinator
Do I smell the makings of a HTF clan?

I'm a BF1942 junkie. (Previously a RTCW junkie, previously EQ but my shrink said not to talk about that game anymore LOL.. JK)

Add my vote to the list for the All Seeing Eye... best game browser out there in my opinion. (free download if you didn't know, 20bucks to register and add some features)

As far as planes go, joystick all the way! Of course if you're any good at actually flying a plane, good luck getting into one on a public server. I love when a map starts just sitting back and watching the race to planes, followed promptly by the flaming wreckage that results when they all scamble to take off at the same exact time on the same line of the runway!!!. This still is just hilarious to me.

Oh yeah... I can be found on multiplayer pc games as The_Target.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Do I smell the makings of a HTF clan?
I haven't been part of a clan since my days back when Action Quake 2 was going strong.
Myself and a couple of regulars at Link Removed have an "Unofficial VE3D Clan" thing going on in Unreal Tournament 2003, but I hardly ever see anyone playing.
It'd be nice to have a BF1942 clan, mostly so we know we're all working together towards defeating the opposite team. None of this "I'm just going to go solo" thing going on.
I really love BF1942, and I hope that more people play it, or at least give it a try. It is one of the most fun multiplayer games on the market today.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
If anyone is interested in playing tonight, I will be hosting a GameVoice server that we can use.
I will plan on being online at about 6pm Eastern time or maybe a little bit later. If anyone wants to teamup, join my Gamevoice server (you can get the client at www.gamevoice.com...there is a free version available).
I will leave the server up and running starting now, so you can get connected at will.
Gamevoice connection info:
IP:Port = 64.7.14.198:59110
I have been playing the Capture the Flag game alot lately. It really requires alot of teamwork to succeed (which normally neither team seems to have). It would be fun to play some CTF on wake island...
Jeff (callsign Thro)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
A joystick for the planes would be a must. These things are impossible.
I'll d/l voicechat but I was having some problems finding it. The All seeing eye server's home page says they want $10.00 (they just recently started charging I read) but I'll try anyway maybe theres a trial period.
A HTF clan? That would be wild. Count me in :)

Dave Sabo

Stunt Coordinator
Well I'd love to join on gamevoice later but I'm working on 3 hours sleep so I need to catch up on that tonight. When my head is clear I'll think over this clan thing as well. Looks like there could be some interest in it. First thing would be to find out if the site owners mind if we called ourselves an Official HTF clan... otherwise we'd have to be an Official Unofficial HTF clan :D

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Michael,

It's 10$ a year, or 30$ for a lifetime registration.

There is a 21-day trial period on it, but I dont think anything really happens if you go over 21 days. I'm not sure about that yet though.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
yep Chris just d/l it. I read about the 21 day thing.

Thanks for the link Jeff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks