What's new

WEIRD SCIENCE - TV series coming to DVD (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Somebody pinch me
I didn't think this would ever come out. Thank God I was wrong.
It's probably a longshot and we're lucky just to be getting the show, but I hope some extras are put together.
Now if only Paramount will put out Duckman I can recreate the ultimate USA Saturday night line-up

nicholas_g

Stunt Coordinator
Great news. I have the first series on video and have been playing it over and over from years ago. I hope they don't take too long to bring out the other seasons.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
i was really happy when I saw this announcement. i loved watching this as a kid, caught it about a year back on some station and it still holds up.

Matthew H

Second Unit
My perception is probably way off on this show since I haven't seen an episode since the mid-90s, but I have a feeling this may be a bit-dated.. I could be wrong, I dunno I enjoyed it when I was younger but I don't know if I'm going to technically blind-buy this one (I don't really remember any episodes, just bits and pieces).. perhaps add it to the Netflix queue.

nicholas_g

Stunt Coordinator

For me, it's not dated at all. I only watched season 1 a month or two ago and still like it a lot.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Cover art: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Weird-S...2-Box-Art/8245

Too bad no Chet on the cover. Even if there are no other extras, I really hope they include the original promo before the show aired. It featured the cast singing a Weird Science song but not "Weird Science" by Oingo Boingo. Also Lee Tergesen (Chet) did some interesting dancing in it. I remember being utterly confused because I hadn't seen or even heard of the movie at that point and it showed very little actual show footage.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Amazon's listing has added some special features:

Good that there will be some commentaries, though they really should have asked in some of the writers, who have mostly gone on to be very successful (there are former Weird Science writers on "Battlestar Galactica," "Desperate Housewives," and much else). Would have been fun to hear what they thought of it now.

Anyway I hope it sells well enough to bring out at least the third and fourth seasons.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I want this, even more now that there will be cast commentaries!

I loved this show.
Good fun

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
What do you think the chances are for seasons 3-5 coming to dvd?
Does A&E have a good track record?

nicholas_g

Stunt Coordinator
I just realised that season 1 and 2 are out. Amazon say it is 4 discs so is that 4 DVD 9's or are they DVD 18's?

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
What did you think of the commentaries? The hottie got a bit repetitive about "Gary's" first wife. He wasn't airing dirty laundry about it like his 2nd wive, he even joked a bit about it. The "nerdy" guy seemed to end up with the best career coming out of this, wonder if he got married?

Any word on how well these sold, or upcoming sets?

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
I don't, I wondered if someone else did. But isn't that the usual reason for abandonment?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks