What's new

Weird insect found in my room. (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Oh man!!!

This thread gives me the willies... It's almost as bad as the one about eating Cowbrains and Pig testicles was...

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Hey Bill:

That story is friggin' scarey. What is the source of the information??

Charles

AaronJB

Second Unit
This reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer goes back in time and steps on a bug, resulting in changes in the future. Only it's the present. Or is it the past, and smooshing that bug you saw caused changes in the future?

lol.
:D

Alex-C

Screenwriter
don't ever believe anything that comes out of Australia...they're known for their wild tales. especially that whole Sydney Opera House charade.

It's only a model (shhh).

Bill Eberhardt

Stunt Coordinator
That tarantula story has been going around the internet in one form or another for as long as I can remember. The most popular variation has a lady poaching a cactus in Arizona and taking it home and putting it in her living room. She notices the cactus is moving slightly and... well, you know the rest.

Here's one I hadn't heard before, circa 1992. (from the snopes site)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
deadly.... tarantula? HAHAHAHAHA...

I am going to have to check out this stacker program, I think I can ship stuff via UPS for a lot cheaper using compression.

Jay

StephenA

Screenwriter
I've looked at some pictures of different types of assassin bugs and I really think that it was a type of assassin bug. I'm not sure if they are native New Hampshire though so I might be wrong on that, though it really did look like one.

DavidMich

Stunt Coordinator
Wait until you've been stung by one of these:

http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek030901.html

Stings are far worse than any wasp/hornet/bee/scorpion, and can take months to heal. I know, because it's happened to me. (No it's not a spider....we all know about them..)

I was out playing golf, and one happened to land on me and stung me on the stomach. 6 months later, I was healed. But the pain was unbelieveable.
Check it out.

StephenA

Screenwriter
DavidMich: That's pretty much what the insect I found looked like, except it was a little more round and greenish. The head was exactly the same though.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I finally found out what the bug is. It's a leaf footed bug:

From what I read on them, they are known to release a pear or green apple scent when threatened.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks