What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9/21/04 (FULL & COMPLETE) (1 Viewer)

Mark<>Tsc

Grip
Re: Star Wars
Does anybody know when/where the Tuesday only Fry's ad was published, or when it will be?

I'd like to visit BB for a price match.

Thanks

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
Brian, since working at Target for almost 2 years, I've found that we always seem to get games about a day behind most stores, which is why the ad says it will be available Wed.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Mike:

Thanks for the heads up! I checked my card's balance on their web site, and the full 30 bucks is still there. I knew I had at least a year, and I haven't had my printer that long.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I was stunned to learn that stores could put an expiration date on a gift card/store-credit card.

What a rip-off! They sell you the card in exchange for cash, telling you its better than cash...then put a time limit on it. Or, they'll give you a refund in store credit on a plastic card and then put a time limit on the card. It's bad business and if it ever happened to me I would stop patronizing that store.

I once had a card for store credit to The Disney Store after a return. I kept the card in my wallet waiting to use it on last year's wave of Disney treasures. Those titles, as you may remember, were postponed several months. If I hadn't learned about this practice, my card might have expired before I used it.

Not all companies put limits on their cards, some do. Some are simply expiration dates. Others impose "inactivity fees" which deduct a certain amount after the passage of a certain amount of time.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
If businesses can find a way to squeeze extra profit by tweaking things to screw over the customer, you can be sure someone will do so. And pretty soon all the other businesses will do the same thing.

Adam

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

How do you know that the price sticker is a valid substitution for the original UPC code? They are asking for the UPC code on the rebate form and make no mention of the substitution.

Also, the rebate form doesn't print out correctly it is to wide to fit on a 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper.

Thanks,
Adam.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

It has been reported that you need to print the rebate coupon in "landscape" mode (instead of "profile" mode) in order to get it all to print.

**EDIT** I just tried this and it works fine.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Thanks Mike,

Just Battle of Algiers (CC)(delayed] and Mean Girls. Thankfully, a light week.

Just won't be able to fit John Cassavetes 5 Films(CC)within budget. That kinda blows.

What a snoozer of a week.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
What really sucks in Tampa was all the ads had 'Low Price' next to them, rather than an actually price listing. Is this a bit of advertising foreshadowing?

I believe it was in friday's ad. Does anyone have a pdf version of the ad, if so can you post it? Also will BB take pdf printouts for a price match?

Thanks

James D

Second Unit
I'll confirm the FYE rebate deal. I've submitted numerous rebates using the yellow UPC sticker that is attached to the shrink wrap and I have received every single rebate check.:)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks for the roundup Mike! Nothing for me this week as I've already backed up my Star Wars LDs onto DVD :D

Chris S.

Adam

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Mike. I didn't know the UPC was on the sticker. THat would explain why they would accept it.

I'll try printing the rebate in landscape.

Anybody know if there is a limit to how many copies of Star Wars you can purchase at Fry's? My mom is coming to visit us next month and I thought I'd pick her up a copy and she can just take it back with her.

Thanks for the RoundUp Mike! :emoji_thumbsup:

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
Great work guys!, now that I feel reassured that the cellophane UPC sticker will be accepted to complete the rebate form I'll order from Coconuts and take the extra 5% off. Anyone knows how prompt are this guys when it comes to shipping? what is the usual turn around for rebates checks?. Thanks.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Michael--according to the Fry's ad...limit one per customer. Needless to say, there are plenty of legitimate ways around that; Fry's puts that disclaimer out to "ward" off folks who would buy them in mass quantities and then turn around and resell them at flea markets and such for a small profit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.