What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9/21/04 (FULL & COMPLETE) (1 Viewer)

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
You guys are lucky, none of my Sunday ads even listed prices for Star Wars. Very tempted to see how it all unfolds.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Are you sure? Checking the on-line ad using your zip code shows the same $42.99 price as everywhere else.

Brent C

Stunt Coordinator
In the Walgreens ad there is a $3 off coupon for "Mean Girls"

Doesn't Walmart accept coupons from other stores?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just got my Circuit City flyer in my grubby little paws. It seems like it gets harder and harder for me to get them. My local paper has really been letting me down.

Anyway, I have just adjusted a number of grid prices for Circuit City: among them Mean Girls, Felicity, Popular, MadTV and Mr. Show.

I am seeing more and more differences in prices between bestbuy.com and Best Buy in-store prices...and am now starting to see more differences between circuitcity.com and Circuit City in-store prices.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Do I dare ask if someone could find me the lowest price on Tiger Woods 2005 (xbox)? I don't get the paper & that's where my money is going this week. I'd rather continue here then start a new thread......

No SW for me. Lucas won't miss me. (Although I did buy THX 1138)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Timmy: You might still want to check on the BB in-store price. I cannot believe they will maintain that...or they WILL probably lose a lot of sales.

See these differing Best Buy ads this week:

from Washington, DC courtesy of Nick Soune.

from Albany, NY courtesy of Mike Frezon

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Glad I've got a buddy who works at Best Buy and who really doesn't give a crap about Star Wars other than just watching the movies, because he's giving me his copy of their exclusive magazine.

Meanwhile, I'll be taking my CompUSA ad to Wal-Mart, and hoping the geniuses there put it out as close to midnight as possible.

Good, good stuff. Thanks for the effort, Mike. . .

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I have a $30 CompUSA gift card I got as a rebate last year with my Canon printer. I've been saving it for a special occasion. I'd say this is it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I hope you haven't had it too long, Peter. Sometimes stores deduct fees from gift cards if they haven't been used soosn enough. Some even have expiration dates altogether. This is something I just learned about not too long ago.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

And they do feature the Platinum/Silver Widescreen version of the front cover. Front page is better placement than page 20 (it would be better to show both side by side)

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
Target is giving away $10 gift cards when you purchase any of the following games:

Fable
Tiger Woods 2005
Star Wars Battlefront
Def Jam Fight for NY

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Thanks Mike.

Rudy :emoji_thumbsup:

I guess I'm going to try Target first. (weird. I verified the $10 card on their online weekly ad, but it says available Wed. Sept 22. ??)

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans

OK you twisted my arm...I'll give em a try. Maybe its a typo but it was a shock becuase its a blown opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.