What's new

Weekly Roundup 8/27 (1 Viewer)

MatS

Screenwriter
This makes it sound like I left it off the Roundup. I mentioned this in my last bullet point before the markdown list...go check!
good call Dave...
I only checked your post twice, see one more reason I need this dvd I forgot that 'Three Is A Magic Number' ;)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the Weekly Roundup, Dave! It's an HTF feature I always look forward to!
Not much for me to pick up this week (I already have The Fog and Reservoir Dogs :) ), but I promised I'd buy a copy of Return of the Living Dead!

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
wow, lousy price for Cat People at Best Buy. And Circuit City, not carrying it?

And add me to the list that very much appreciate this thread each week, Dave

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Looks like I have to run the rapids at Costco this week for Schoolhouse Rock, risking one more transaction on my expired card (they haven't made me renew it yet, and I think I've racked up two or three transactions on it since it expired).

Then a quick trip by Best Buy to grab Reservoir Dogs. DonRoeber put it best about being on the fence but not being able to turn down a net price of $10.99.

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
Strange, normally you wouldn't leave out a TV show like Farscape from your list but from what I can tell it's still going to be released tomorrow. DVDPlanet has it in stock according to their website.
Farscape Season 2 Vol 2:
Amazon = $29.99
Best Buy = $24.99
CrcCity = $34.99
CostCo = N/A
SamsClub = N/A
CompUSA = N/A

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
David,
I would also like to thank you for the weekly roundups, since you started them I've been checking here every week looking for your post,last night I ordered 'The Sopranos' and tomorrow I'll be picking up 'Reservoir Dog' at BB. Thanks

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Alex, see my notes about my guests. I MEANT to include it; just forgot. Thanks for the update.

Brett, with the coupon use Borders should be the best place for Cat People SE. But Costco or Sam's might still get it in; check there first. Their websites aren't exactly complete.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's the EW with Leo DiCaprio, Cameron Diaz and Daniel Day-Lewis (Gangs of New York) cover, on page 111.

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
sorry about that. didn't see the guest part going on over there. didn't you tell them you have more important things to do? ;)

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I picked up Reservoir Dogs for $10.99 (plus paid for the "free" $5 giftcard) and Schoolhouse Rock for $16.99 at Best Buy this morning. They let me use one of those back to school $3 off 2 DVDs coupons, so Schoolhouse Rock was discounted the $3 to $16.99. Saved me a trip to CostCo to pick it up.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
Got Reservoir Dogs at Best Buy. Got the Mr. Brown version, there were plenty of all the covers and there was as many Mr. Browns as the others. They didn't have Soprnos Season 1 in stock so I had to get a raincheck for the Season 1 Season 3 save 25 dollar deal. Also, no Cat People in stock.

Piers C

Stunt Coordinator
Ditto on Mr.B for me. I can report that there were under 20 copies at BB and they were all gone within 20min this A.M. Of all the other choices the majority were Mr. P.

Cheers David for the new format and weekly posts!

Carlos V III

Stunt Coordinator
I had a SWEET day at Best Buy!
First I had purchased a MINTEK DVD-1710 portable DVD player last week at 399.99 for a weekend roadtrip. It was nice for the wife & I to kick back and watch movies while the other one drove. Got back in town and saw in the Sunday flyer that all BB DVD players were now on sale. Went in to BB on my weekly visit ;) and spoke with the manager and got a GC for 21.73 to make up the price difference, all with no fuss whatsoever! :emoji_thumbsup:
So then I went and snagged:
24.99 Farscape Season 2 Vol 2 (2 disk set)
11.99 Big Trouble in Little China (2 disk set) :) I know!
14.99 Queen of the Damned (CC pricematch)
12.99 The Fog (CC pricematch)
64.96 Subtotal
5.36 Tax for Uncle Sam
70.32 Total
-21.73 minus GC I just received
48.59 Total I actually paid
So either way you look at it, total of 4 titles, or 6 disks all for $48.59! :b
Sometimes things just work out right.
Carlos

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I got Reservoir Dogs + $5.00 GC for $15.99 at BB. Mr. Pink version (who REALLY wants a Tarantino mug on their DVD? ;) )

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
I got a copy of MR. BROWN and MR. WHITE at BEST BUY. There were only 3 Mr. Browns left ... so I figured i pick one up to peddle on Ebay in a few months :)
The MR. WHITE is a keeper for me.
With the 2 $5 Gift cards I picked up TRUE ROMANCE for $9.99 and a mispriced IRON MAIDEN - ROCK IN RIO DVD that was priced $14.99, rang up at $22.99 and finally got it for $9.99 with the second $5 gift card ... Not too bad a deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks