What's new

Weekly Roundup 8/27 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I went to pick up Sopranos and Schoolhouse Rock at Costco, and saw Spongebob Squarepants: Halloween there for $13.99...so I snagged it.

Note: my S.Rock came without enclosed booklet. I called 800-72-DISNEY to ask if booklet is supposed to be in there. Yes, it was, they are sending me one. That's cool; I don't have to haul it back to Costco and I'll definately get a booklet instead of playing that famous game called "is this a bad batch?"

Note that at Costco I saw PLENTY of R. Dogs in all five colors, and that it was, IIRC, in the $17.XX range instead of $18.99 as I posted in the Roundup. That's from memory, so YMMV. TIWAGOS.

Oh, and I should mention that Costco had the SS:Halloween discs mixed in with the last disc, Nautical Nonsense. So pick through the displays to make sure you can find it!

Best Buy had already sold out of Motel Hell, but I snagged the last Teen Wolf. Ah, well...plenty o' time before Halloween! :wink:

Gotta head to Borders for the rest. L8R, DOODZ!

Stephen L

Second Unit
Damn BB near work had no Teen Wolf , Mr.White or Mr.Brown and only 1 or 2 Pinks.Have to check another tonight.:frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Alert, Narnia fans! Since I failed to find the 3-disc set at BB, I just checked to see if Borders had it. No-go. So I went to use BB.COM to find out if the other BB in Memphis had it. Nope, but I got a newsflash on the price:
BB.COM on Sunday said the price for that beauty was $54.99, as I reported in the Roundup.
Now it's saying $49.99!! :eek:
Order placed! :D

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Note: my S.Rock came without enclosed booklet. I called 800-72-DISNEY to ask if booklet is supposed to be in there. Yes, it was, they are sending me one. That's cool; I don't have to haul it back to Costco and I'll definately get a booklet instead of playing that famous game called "is this a bad batch?"
What is the booklet and if it's missing, what comes with the DVD...nothing?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I feel like a failure, BB sold out of Mr. Brown, and like a schmuck, I drove to CC and bought their last copy of Mr. Brown for FULL SALE PRICE ($15.99) instead of buying one of the remaining colors of Reservoir Dogs. If I find myself near another BB, I'll if they have any Mr. Browns to get the $5 gift card.

At Costco, RD was $17.49 (or maybe $17.99, but I think it was the former).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
What is the booklet and if it's missing, what comes with the DVD...nothing?
The booklet that was described to me is a collectable multi-page deal with foldouts which has all the lyrics of all the songs in it. Also a chapter listing.

Mine came with nothing, but the copies in stores SHOULD have this booklet enclosed. Anyone else with a story to report about what the book is and whether or not they got it?

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Ok, mine came with the booklet then. I quickly leafed through it (because it was folded weird) and saw the lyrics, but I thought they were just for the top 10 jukebox songs, not all the songs. I'll have to go back and check it.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Andrea, perhaps the booklet only contains lyrics for 10 songs. I was told "all the songs", but its not like that person had one of them in their hands at the moment! :)

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
Well, I'm bummed...:frowning:
I went to my local Best Buy to get High Crimes and I thought I'd also Get Don't say a Word and get 5 bucks off both. Wrong! DSAW was marked down to $19.99 and High Crimes was at its normal price of $19.99! I asked/complained to the nearest Blue Shirt and she looked at the flyer. NO mention of any $5 off and it showed High Crimes at $19.99. :angry: Bummer. I guess it must be a regional thing. Anyone else run into this? I don't have a CC to price match against so am I SOL?

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I had preordered Mr Brown from Amazon (actually twice as they lowered the price and didn't notify me so I canceled the first one). As of late Monday night they hadn't shipped yet so I planned on hitting BB or CC and try and find one cheaper, then cancel Amazon. Of course, when I check my email before heading out I find they shipped it that morning. DOH! Oh well, wasnt looking forward to chasing around the city lugging a six month old around anyways.

Picked up SchRock at Target around the corner and had a wonderful day rediscovering songs I had forgotten about.

-paul

Daniel J

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, Mr. Humphreys; I am free.

I wish I had the money for all these sets, I'd love to have Are You Being Served and the Narnia set; but I've got so many other things to do I don't think I'd be able to watch them even if the cash was in my hands!
[me sad]

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Hey, Dave, what do you think of this logo for the top of the roundups?
Link Removed
or
Link Removed
The "stack of DVDs" portion of the graphic is borrowed from Fred Duck.
Haven't found a good way to work "Tuesday" into it yet. Anyway, just goofing around with it. Thanks, as always, for the roundups.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
John Wilson: click here to go to BB.com buy it through the site for $15.99, and mark it for in-store pickup. And flip them the bird as you pick it up for the nice price. :wink:
Andrea: Um, thanks. That looks neat and all, but I've worked it out with management here that we're gonna keep the Roundup as casual as possible so as not to get the chains involved pissed at HTF or anything. It is feared that the chains might get it into their heads that their pricing comes off looking not-so-hot, and since HTF allows the posts then the forum is the target of their wrath. So the logo won't be changed to look more polished or anything. Mgt. kind of balked at having ANY sort of logo for this thing, but I spent so much time on it that they gave in when I whined a lot. :laugh: They are very cool with this entire deal...just don't count on it looking any more "professional", shall we say?

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
All the Mac people are welcome...glad to help!
Thanks for nothing. ;)
It doesn't seem to work for me in any OS X browsers unless I stretch the window a great deal. I don't recall having a problem with the other editions, but this one tends to start shoving retailers names under each other to the point that you have to assume every other price in column 2,3,etc. correlates to the merchant. The main problem stems from the "Author" column of the forum taking an excessive percentage of the page no matter whether or not it is needed.
I can figure it out and your easy guide makes my shopping much easier so don't waste your time trying to fix it. :D :emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Joseph,
What resolution are you running at? I've got no problems with the new roundup using Mozilla or IE, on 10.2 (and had no problems on 10.1.5 either). When I'm not using an external monitor, my Powerbook runs at 1152x768. When I'm at work, I use a 21" monitor running at 1600x1200.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
So, what's the deal with the narnia set? Is this a dvd of the production from the UK? I don't ever remember seeing anything about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks