What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon

Weekly RoundUp 6-6-2017
WRU-Banner-16-9-1024x661.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features

full

– Beauty and the Beast – 2017

full

– Zaza – 1923

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Safe shopping, RoundUppers! Some pretty good deals around this week.

Amazon and Disney continue to dance their dance. So I'll need, again, to head to a local brick and mortar and find me a copy of B&tB. I guess it'll be Best Buy with those lousy prices at Target on both B&tB and Bambi. Zaza looks intriguing. And Stella Stevens looks pretty amazing in The Ballad of Cable Hogue (there are some mighty revealing shots from that bath scene floating around the internet. Scandalous!).

Other than that..it's a quiet week for me. But that's good since I'm going to be "region free" soon and have already placed some orders from Amazon.uk!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Mike.

Bourne Ultimate Collection $19.99 at BB?? Is that right???

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Thanks for the Round-Up again Mike

I picked up Fahrenheit 451 at Wal*Mart earlier and Zasa does sound like a buy down the road. B&TB(2017) maybe at a much lower price

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for your work, Mike.

For a move that recently crossed $500 million domestic and is sure to be a huge seller, Target's price on Beauty and the Beast is outrageous. I'll be getting it from Best Buy.

The steelbook looks absolutely beautiful, so I might pay the extra for it if I can get it. The website won't let me pre-order one for shipping, and I have what seems to be the only Best Buy in the world that does not cooperate with marking items from the website for in-store pickup, so I guess I'll get the steel depending on whether they have enough to stay in stock throughout the day, as I know I won't be able to go in at 10am when they open. If the steel is out of stock, I'll go with the regular one, which fortunately looks nice too. (Last time I went for a Disney steelbook, on Moana, the steelbook art was far superior to the blah art on the regular edition.)

And, I would get Bambi too, but I already have the Diamond Edition and don't see a compelling value add to require double dip. But the transfer looks terrific, so anybody who missed out on it last time shouldn't hesitate at all about getting it.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Mike.

I think that's a typo by Mike. I just checked the BB website, and the UHD collection is selling for $99.99, not $19.99. I wasn't planning on upgrading my BDs, but I would have if the set really was selling for $20!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike.

I think that's a typo by Mike. I just checked the BB website, and the UHD collection is selling for $99.99, not $19.99. I wasn't planning on upgrading my BDs, but I would have if the set really was selling for $20!

Sorry, everybody.

Grrrrrrrr! I hate making dumb mistakes like that. Best Buy isn't advertising ANY 4k titles this week.

Sorry to have gotten anyone's hopes up. :(

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Well I was heading to Target for the Disney Blus (and have them price match Best Buy); but after reading about the Best Buy B&B Steelbook, I guess I'll head straight there and hope for the best.

Nine times out of ten by the time I get to Best Buy (usually around Noon) all the Steelbooks are gone.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the prices, Mike, and greatly appreciate the review links, too.

There are a couple of Fox titles which may or may not come in next week (I haven't heard from Fox about imminent shipments, but they don't always give a heads up), and I put in to review a couple of others which haven't as yet shown up and may not. We just go with the flow.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Beauty and the Beast for sure. I don't really know if I want to chance going into a B/M on Tuesday night for the disc...it will probably be easier to preorder at BB and then just pick it up.

While I'm there, I may see what else is on the sale rack...cuz, ya know, 740 BD's on the shelf just isn't enough...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It takes a lot for me to buy new release Disney titles these days, because their deal with Netflix means they'll be showing up on there in HD only a couple months after the disc release. The best Marvel titles make the cut, but little else.

That being said, the beautiful Steelbook for the live action Beauty and the Beast has me mighty tempted.

Thanks as always for your hard work, Mike!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
If only we could get Disney UHDs reliably that way.

Both Despicable Me for me. Dolby Vision!

Ex machina rebuy

Blind buy at $17 for Snitch on principle. Support these lower cost releases!!!

I'd buy Beauty if it was 4k. As is I will find a cheap code and wait.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Are you referring to Beauty and the Beast? I checked Amazon UK and it is available in 3D but appears to be Region B. Perhaps that will be updated on release day.

It might be updated by Christmas or Christmas 2018. As mentuoned in teh main Beauty and the Beast thread, Amazon almost never lists region free items as such until after release and even then it's oftne well after release if ever. 99% chance those will be region free like almost all Disney 1st Home Video releases have been since 2010, but there isn't a way to be 100% until someone checks it in mid July.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
–Best Buy also has EXCLUSIVE PACKAGING with its Blu copies of Bambi (re-released this week by Disney). HOWEVER, all the ad shows is two different covers for Bambi and states “Relive a Disney Classic. Starting at $19.99 on Blu-ray. Available on Tuesday.” So I wouldn’t be surprised if the Exclusive Packaging for Bambi is another extra $3 like B&tB above.
YEP $22.99 for a different slipcase ...
5835600_sa.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642
$22.99
or
5821912_sa.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

$19.99

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Re: Bambi, I wouldn't pay extra for a slipcover, but I do think the exclusive one is better artwork than the standard version.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow. If they're charging $3 more for a different cardboard slipcase...and there's no different content (between an "Anniversary" edition and a "Signature Colletion" edition)...they're nuts. Most people won't pay extra for that...no matter how much nicer the artwork might be.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And it seems like you could just swap the slipcovers, if you prefer one over the other, unless they're shrink-wrapped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks