What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Speed – 1994
full

– Judas and the Black Messiah – 2021
full

– Big Fish – 2003
full

– Hemingway – 2021
full

– The Virtuoso – 2021
full

– Sweet Liberty – 1986
 The Prices

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
We seem to have a theme going these last several weeks.

While we continue to be rather light on content, there are enough interesting titles to, well, keep things interesting.

Safe shopping, RoundUppers! :D

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Some fun films available this week even if they're not quite classic-level yet.

Thanks for the RoundUp, as always.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for your work, Mike!

I love Big Fish. I think it is Tim Burton's best film that I have seen by a long shot. This is one of those rare occurrences when I am going to pick up a UHD title even though I can't use the UHD format.

According to the press release, Sony has remastered the included Blu-ray (presumably a down-conversion of the 4K master) and included the extras from the DVD that were left off the original release.

I've always loved the movie, but never quite got around to buying that previous Blu-ray which would have required me to keep the old DVD for the extras.

This is a situation where Sony's extra effort on remastering the Blu-ray and putting the extras back on it are giving them an extra sale. Because the Blu-ray is a clear upgrade which I can use right now, I'm happy to buy the 4K disc with it, even though I can't use that one. I'll also be able to retire my 17-year-old DVD.

Other studios (such as Paramount, simply repackaging the old Blu-rays of Indiana Jones instead of authoring new ones) should take note. This is how you do a catalog title up right.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the film again in HD. I bet it's going to look terrific.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks