What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-27-2010 (1 Viewer)

nhmejia

Auditioning
Real Name
Nubia
Originally Posted by Jason_V

Speaking of Wally World, The Great Mouse Detective was $10 when I walked in today. Perfect price for me. Might wanna check it out local stores for other deals on Warner TV, too.
Great Mouse Detective for $10? Might have to suck it up and head over there for that. I loved that movie growing up!! Thanks, Jason!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
For those who want the Armageddon BD, but not Tombstone, maybe we can pool together and have Amazon ship the titles separately.

I only want Tombstone myself.

_Man_

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
No probs. They've had the new Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Pete's Dragon in the recent past at the same price point.

Originally Posted by nhmejia

Great Mouse Detective for $10? Might have to suck it up and head over there for that. I loved that movie growing up!! Thanks, Jason!

nhmejia

Auditioning
Real Name
Nubia
I bought Bedknobs and Broomsticks when it was released a few years back. Pete's Dragon is definitely one I need to add to my collection.
Originally Posted by Jason_V

No probs. They've had the new Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Pete's Dragon in the recent past at the same price point.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Just a heads up that my local Costco had both Tombstone and Armageddon Blu-Rays for $18.99 each, with $10 off instantly if you buy both on the same receipt.

Wish I would have known that yesterday...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hmmmm. I haven't been to my local BJ's Wholesale Club in quite awhile. Sometimes they have similar types of deals.

Jeff: Did that look like a Costco-only type deal...or was it something attached to their copies of the titles?

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
It was definitely a Costco only deal. It was printed out by computer on an 8.5x11 sign attached to the blu-ray section.

Really surprised me when I saw it, because they hardly ever have the best price on individual blu-rays.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks!

I actually stopped by my local BJs last night and they didn't have either title. Oh well. The only "sale" they had going on was Up In the Air on Blu for $19.99.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I was in Target today...they have a display of $9.99 BD titles, although I can only recall seeing Edward Scissorhands... Pricing is good through 07/10/10.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Costco's prices on new releases are nothing special, but they frequently have great deals on catalog titles for $9.99 or $12.99.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

Costco's prices on new releases are nothing special, but they frequently have great deals on catalog titles for $9.99 or $12.99.
That was the same impression I got, last night, at BJs Wholesale Club, Aaron.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Apparently Imax Under the Sea on at least blu not sure about a dvd, was released Today
(Friday the 30th)
No prices just a heads up.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TonyD

Apparently Imax Under the Sea on at least blu not sure about a dvd, was released Today
(Friday the 30th)
No prices just a heads up.
I think I saw that title (on DVD, not Blu-ray) at a Wal-Mart yesterday. I took notice of it as I didn't remember hearing about it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Amazon and my store has it as today.
I just watched it and there is some really striking images here, especially the Cuddle fish stuff.
It's a very short 40 minutes, had me wanting more.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Your right, I used to know how to read, oh well it was really good if not too short.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by dpippel

Found myself at Best Buy this afternoon...and the rest, as they say, was history.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /forum/thread/300050/weekly-roundup-4-27-2010/30#post_3686740

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks