What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-14-2010 (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich
Buzzzzz! I'm not sure if you have Fred Meyer stores in NJ, but this week they are advertising the following for $17.99 each according to their Sunday ad insert:

Despicable Me: BD+DVD+Digital Copy

A-Team: BD+Digital Copy

The Other Guys: BD

The Town: BD+DVD

Legend of the Guardians: BD+DVD+Digital Copy

I'll have to pay more attention to their ads from now on. Its a great movie, I highly recommend it. Interestingly enough the add is also touting the DVD only versions of those titles for the same price....

Thanks Adam. I thought I was going to get away with not getting Despicable Me this week. Apparently I have to rethink that now.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

There are quite a few titles being released this week that I'll probably buy when I see them in the used bins.

Oh, I've learned my lesson. . .

I have too, but I've also learned that there are exceptions. I doubt you will be able to buy True Grit anytime soon for much less than $17.99, especially if you have Amazon Prime. I'm also leery of buying WB used these days as most are rental copies with no features. I can buy The Town tomorrow locally for $17.99 and get the features plus a DVD, or get a featureless rental copy in two months for $10 + shipping. The extra 4 or 5 dolllars is worth it.

[/QUOTE]

My local WalMart has True Grit priced at $15. Its on the sticker on the shelf, not a sale price. I know with WalMart YMMV.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Stopped in Blockbuster the other day and bought 5 BDs for $6.99 each. I had about 13 in my hand and forced myself to narrow it down. :) I don't think any of them were extra-free rental versions.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I just picked up a few myself, got mine for under $5. each.

Employee discount comes in handy this time of year they give us 30% off.

Also there are many of these that are rental only discs, but it's easy enough to tell them apart as it's printed right on front 'rental exclusive'.

A heads up Wall Street Money never sleeps is one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks