What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-21-2008 (1 Viewer)

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Same price/deal for SF Bay Area Fry's stores too...
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Steve Lockwood

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

Is the packaging for Hulk exclusive to Amazon only? I searched around and can't seem to find anything. Will it be regular packaging for the other retailer? Thanks.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Hey, Steve.

Because you asked the question, I started sniffing around @ amazon. Now I can't seem to find anything that calls it "exclusive." I could have sworn I saw it a few days ago but am now wondering if I misinterpreted their "limited time" logo to mean something different.

So I am now leaning to think you may be right that other retailers may also have the same 3-D packaging...but for a limited time only--such as we would find with most ANY slipcover.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

I'm wondering the same thing. If it's only a guide for Volume 6, it seems kind of useless. I would love if somebody put out a guide for all 6 volumes. As it is now, I've made my own guides, but those take a lot of time to put together.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So I ended up not being able to justify the BB steelbook's on the Bond BD's. Not when they come to 3/$75 and the other sets are 3/$60. Even with the price match down to $21.99, the sets are still a better price. I like the individual packages, but the price just kills it for me.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always for the Weekly Round-Up Mike & Patrick.

Just The Incredible Hulk (1-disc) SD for me this week.

I picked it up at Target for $15.99.

Hostess has Hulk DVD $4 rebate promotion:
RECEIVE A $4.00 REBATE CHECK BY MAIL WHEN YOU PURCHASE THE INCREDIBLE HULK® DVD AND ANY TWO (2) FAMILY-SIZE PACKAGES OF HOSTESS® PRODUCTS BETWEEN 9/29/08 and 12/31/08

BUY: One (1) THE INCREDIBLE HULK® DVD and any two (2) FAMILY-SIZE PACKAGES OF HOSTESS® products between 9/29/08 and 12/31/08

SEND:
  • One (1) legibly hand printed, fully completed original Mail-In Offer Form either from inside specially marked family-size packages of HOSTESS® TWINKIES®, CUP CAKES, DONETTES® (POWDERED OR FROSTED) or HULK CAKES® or downloaded from Hostess
  • The UPC symbol neatly cut from THE INCREDIBLE HULK DVD packaging;
  • A store identified, cash register receipt for THE INCREDIBLE HULK DVD purchased between 9/29/08 and 12/31/08 with the purchase price of THE INCREDIBLE HULK DVD circled;
  • Two (2) UPC symbols neatly cut from any FAMILY-SIZE PACKAGES OF HOSTESS products purchased;
  • The store identified cash register receipt(s) for the two family-size packages of Hostess purchased between 9/29/08-12/31/08 with the purchase price of the two (2) HOSTESS products circled.
MAIL ALL OF THE ABOVE, in a properly stamped envelope to:
Hostess INCREDIBLE HULK
$4.00 Mail-in Rebate Request
PO Box 7069
Cumberland, RI 02864

RECEIVE: $4.00 Rebate Check by mail.
Link to rebate form: http://www.hostesshulkedouthalloween...ads/rebate.pdf

|

|

|

And this one is not to be missed . . . Morph yourself into the Incredible Hulk!
Just upload a photo, zoom / crop on the site, set the morph points, and you will be morphed into the Incredible Hulk.

Link: Morph yourself into the Incredible Hulk!

You can then email it to your friends, or embed the code into your blog, MySpace, etc. page to share it.

Here's mine (hover your mouse over the pic to see the "play" button / bar and show the morph again).

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael

According to a post on goldenagecartoons.com it's a pocket-sized version of a Jerry Beck LT Visual Guide book. So, no DVD-specific guide.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
The Bond Blu-Rays were all $19.99 at my Target, they were marked with a temporary price cut sticker (odd for a new release) so I don't know if it is a YMMV.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jeff: Wow! That's you?!? You look...angry! :laugh: That's very cool.

And that's one happening deal, Doug! :emoji_thumbsup: It'll be interesting to see if that's at all Targets. I may be heading to one tonight. If I do, I'll check.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

Yep! That's what it is. I passed on it for now. That's not a big enough motivator for me. I will definitely get this set at some point, but budgets are a bit tighter right now.

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
other than the digital copy is there any additional content on Target's exclusive Hulk third disc?
The package says there is. just making sure,just saw the movie and might pick this up.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Erin: From Post #1

It's clearly there...according to their promotional material...but I don't know yet what it is. Maybe someone who picked one up can report in as to what it includes.

Jay*W

Second Unit

The 2nd disc in Target's set includes an additional 30 minutes of bonus material versus the general retail sets. It has 4 or 5 additional featurettes.

Jay

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
so, the third disc IS just the digital copy? or are there additional features as well?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I went into CC today and not only did they not have any blu Bond, they said they never received any at all. This is the Little Rock CC.

Jay*W

Second Unit

Yes, the third disc is still just the digital copy.

The 30 minutes of Target-exclusive bonus features were added to the Disc 2 in the Target set (which Disc 2, confusingly, comes in a white paper sleeve inside the Target-exclusive packaging, while their digital copy disc gets a printed sleeve that is somewhat reminiscent of the packaging for the third disc that came with Circuit City's exclusive 3-disc version of Superman Returns).

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks