What's new
World Wide Stereo

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Minding the Gap – 2018
full

– Spell – 2020
full

– Satantango – 1994
full

– Thursday – 1998

full

– Skylin3s – 2020

The Prices

full

Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!
Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

No...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm not quite sure how to say this...

But this just may be the most boring RoundUp I've ever compiled. There are no interesting new releases I've ever even heard of.

I'm assuming that's just unique to me. Or at least I hope so. I hope there's something interesting for you in this week's releases.

Safe shopping! :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Skylines is the second sequel to the moderately successful alien invasion film Skyline from 2010.

Loretta Devine is usually fun to watch, so Spell might be worthwhile. Reading the blurb at IMDb, sounds like it might share a bit of DNA in a way with Misery.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Apart from the Mill Creek releases, I agree (The Freshman and Crossroads are terrific films)

Unfortunately, with 2020 being a virtual drought, in terms of new films, this probably won't be the last underwhelming week

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, there's not much here for me either though I am slated to review the second season of the revamped The Twilight Zone. Obviously, it hasn't yet arrived.

Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Although I do recall early January long being a very slow time for releases since studios rush product out for before Christmas.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I also find it to be a boring week. Thanks for the effort though, Mike.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Although I do recall early January long being a very slow time for releases since studios rush product out for before Christmas.

That's a fact, Wayne. I was just kinda saying that I really wasn't familiar with ANYTHING in this week's listings.

Things will pick up. Eventually. :D

But this week is a real void. :laugh:

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
@Mike Frezon
Just got an email from Universal that says that Ammonite the new Kate Winslet and Saoirse Ronan movie will be released on Blu-Ray and DVD on January 12th. That isn't indicated on this chart.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

I got the same email and was really surprised because I haven't seen a press release for it. Following the link in the email, I tried to click on a link to find it on Amazon, but it came up with no result. I searched Amazon myself and could only find the Prime Video rental, not a disc release listed. Best Buy doesn't have it listed yet either. So if they are releasing it next week, it doesn't look like they've told the retail partners to expect it coming.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
@Mike Frezon

The DVD review for the second season of The Twilight Zone has now been posted.
@Matt Hough Added to the grid! :D

@Mike Frezon
Just got an email from Universal that says that Ammonite the new Kate Winslet and Saoirse Ronan movie will be released on Blu-Ray and DVD on January 12th. That isn't indicated on this chart.

Don't know what to tell you, Wayne! Can't find it anywhere...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks